The Vice President of Sales is responsible for establishing the sales targets to meet the company objectives. Responsible for developing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization.
People Management: Builds a strong sustainable organization with high levels of employee engagement by attracting and developing superior talent and rewarding superior performance of teams and individuals
- Provides employees with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities to enhance their skills, motivation, and performance
- Maintains an atmosphere of respect, mutual support, flexibility, continuous learning, good humor, and commitment to business goals and customer needs to fulfill the company vision
- Matches staff skills and talent to tasks to ensure optimal engagement and performance
- Rewards superior team and individual performance in ways that enhance employee engagement, commitment, and satisfaction
- Establishes and maintain relationships and effectively communicate with customers, business unit leaders and senior management to raise visibility and ensure collaboration with appropriate key stakeholders
- Manages operations staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions
Sales Strategy, Vision, and Leadership: Develops and Directs implementation and execution of sales policies and practices
- Develops annual sales plan in support of Workiva strategy and objectives
- Identifies and works with Executive Management to recognize internal and external opportunities and solutions
- Defines and executes strategies to support the vision and leadership of Workiva
- Ensures communications are coordinated, supports sales plan objectives and meets organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with VP of Marketing
Sales Management and Operations: Builds, develops and manages sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives
- Prioritizes and drives sales strategies across multiple teams and phases to ensure that customer solutions are aligned with business objectives
- Oversees the day-to-day activities of the team through staff development, planning and forecasting, and budgetary obligations
- Implements and manages multiple channel selling strategies and recommends improvements based on market research and competitor analyses
What You'll Need
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership in managing an sales team
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Negotiation, influencing, and conflict resolution skills
- Stature and confidence
- Self-reliant and results-oriented
- 15+ years experience in sales, business administration, or related field
- B.A./B.S. degree is preferred
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- This position requires up to 50% travel and is primarily outside of the local area and overnight
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Depending on assigned work location, walking outdoors between company campus facilities in a variety of weather conditions may be necessary to perform responsibilities of this position
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
Trust: Rely on each other.
Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.