Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
- Will act as the Operational Excellence and Innovation Advocate and Leader for the Portfolio aligned. Portfolio may be comprised of more than 1 business process/line of business
- Will work with Operating Leaders, and peers, to create strategies and programs aligned to internal and stakeholder client priorities
- Work with Operations Leaders to ensure key business metrics are meeting targets and performing best-in-class
- Identify improvement projects for metrics not meeting performance. Depending on the opportunity size, use appropriate process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean, or Just Do IT approach
- Area of focus includes, but are not limited to the following metrics:
- Contact Centers:
- Operational NPS (post call survey), Average Handle Time, Quality, Transfer Rate, Shrinkage, Productivity, Contact Rate
- Back Office:
- Process Turnaround Time, Productivity, Process Quality
- Contact Centers:
- Implement Statistical Process Controls / Control Charts on Key Metrics, to monitor performance trends
- Conduct process analyses, and assess opportunities for optimizations. Be able to understand what are the steps being done in the work, and assess opportunities to optimize and rationalize nonvalue-adding steps
- Create cost benefit analyses, for impact assessments and prioritizations
- Identify opportunities for business transformation, using automations/RPA, AI/ML, and similar technologies. Must be able to articulate business opportunity, and align appropriate capability to solve business problems
- Project Management responsibilities for the business portfolio aligned - manage project deliverables, timelines, costs, communications, and stakeholders. Should be able to consistently communicate progress of projects to stakeholders, and proactively seek help for bottlenecks, to ensure set timeline of projects are met
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- BA/BS degree related field and/or equivalent education and experience
- 2+ years of experience in process improvement, quality management, project management and/or business analysis
- Proven ability to manage project teams, and sometimes, multiple projects teams when handling multiple projects at the same time
- Proven ability to work with multiple global teams, in solving upstream opportunities identified in the projects
- Proven ability to work with other functions to solve downstream opportunities identified
- Proven ability to be regularly presenting projects, updates, capabilities, and others, to internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to be creating project charters, project decks, presentations, that will showcase the projects, or for the purposes of providing update to internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven solid stakeholder management skills
- Amenable to work hybrid with mid-shift work schedule
- Six Sigma certification (Green Belt or Black Belt) from a recognized certification body or previous organization
- Experience in driving analytics projects, using ML/AI/NLP technologies
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2023 Optum Global Solutions (Philippines) Inc. All rights reserved.
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company with a mission to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work... Read more