CallRail is looking for a Lead UX Designer to join our product team and help us take our Conversation Intelligence (AI) products to the next level. This is a unique role that presents interesting challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems within an early stage suite of products that leverages new and expanding voice-based AI technology. If you are a designer who loves finding creative solutions to complex user problems in the AI space, loves helping set vision for user experiences with cutting edge technology, and gets excited about mentoring other designers, then we would love to talk with you.
To excel in this role, you will need to be a seasoned UX designer who thrives on understanding complicated systems and translating them into simple interactions and user interfaces. You feel successful not only when solving the right problems, but also when mentoring others and aligning teams to greater product vision. You excel at collaboration and have a proven ability to obtain buy-in on large projects. You may even get a thrill out of presenting! You “talk to users in your sleep” and dream about user research. You not only ask the right questions that uncover the right problems, but you are able to advocate for your solutions, and teach others how to do the same.
You’ll be supported by a leadership team that has deep product and industry knowledge, product managers who are thoughtful and UX-minded, and a technical team who has experience building successful products.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for guiding the strategic UX vision of our AI products - Conversation Intelligence suite, working closely with our UX strategy and product leadership. As our product suite expands, you will be responsible for understanding the connection points across products and the implications of their interactions. You will work alongside the UX manager to guide and mentor and enable other designers . While considering the big picture, you will also work one-on-one with a lead or principal product manager to come up with creative solutions to complex problems within an agile/sprint framework:
- Advocate for the product, constantly seeking to better understand our users’ needs and ideating solutions to serve them while connecting back to company goals.
- Teach other designers how to use our user research library, explore FullStory, and drive generative and validative user research initiatives to ensure all designs are informed by real user experiences.
- Host strategic design thinking workshops and teach others how to do the same.
- Understand the needs of the business and form relationships with other product leaders to ensure your internal users are included.
- Work with and mentor less experienced designers, sharing your skills and expertise.
- Design interfaces and interactions for new and existing features.
- Work closely with developers to implement new features.
- Look out for opportunities to make our app more intuitive and easy to use while prioritizing time-sensitive projects.
- Collaborate with the design team to promote and expand design culture at CallRail.
- 8+ years of experience as a UX Designer or Product Designer, or in a related role.
- Deep understanding of design thinking and principles that you have successfully implemented for large scale thinking and small scale work.
- Lead multiple complex projects for SaaS products, experience designing for responsive SaaS products is a major plus.
- Experience working with products in the AI space preferred.
- A strong understanding of design fundamentals, including iconography, typography, color, and data visualization. Proficiency in using style guides.
- Experience working with stakeholders and obtaining buy-in on design lead projects.
- Proficiency in design tools, such as Figma, Sketch. Our team uses Figma.
- Experience working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional team. You communicate clearly and listen intently.
- Prior experience conducting user research and ability to synthesize feedback with data to guide design decisions.
- Must be able to clearly articulate and present design concepts to cross-functional teams and leadership. Experience presenting to different audiences and tailoring messaging.
- Adaptability to a fast-moving and changing environment as the team and our product grows.
If you do not meet all the requirements listed, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that aligns with your skills and experience.Additional Perks
- 100% medical coverage for employees
- Competitive HSA with company matching
- Generous dental and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match
- Employee stock options available from day one
- $2,000 annual educational allowance
- Catered lunch every Tuesday * an in-office perk
- MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered
- Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually
- Regular company outings and events *yes, even during COVID, except virtually
- Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
- Designated bike storage
Learn more: https://www.callrail.com/about/
You Are Welcome Here
CallRail understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Our local Atlanta UX team works 2 days/week out of our office located Downtown, Atlanta. We have catered lunch on Tuesdays and easy access to many local restaurants, parks, and MARTA within a few blocks. Parking, Marta, or Lyft stipend is covered. We often collaborate face-to-face in our ‘Design Studio’ to share ideas, chat, and enjoy each other’s company.
We are open to remote work for the right candidate, but Atlanta-based candidates looking for a hybrid office setting are preferred.