GetThru is hiring a Head of Product to drive product development and product management for our software-as-a-service products. The Head of Product will build and evolve the processes necessary to build high-quality software while maintaining the flexibility needed for a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial enterprise. The Head of Product will be a part of the company’s Leadership Team and will report to the CEO.
About the Company:
GetThru’s mission is to empower organizations to connect authentically with their audiences at scale while building a sustainable company committed to progressive social change. Our tools have been used by more than 2,000 organizations to send over 1 billion text messages and make more than 500 million phone calls for voter contact, volunteer recruitment, fundraising, polling, and more. We are an all-remote company with 40+ full-time staff spread across 14 states. Prior to the pandemic, we had a once-yearly all-staff retreat and held semi-annual in-person team meetings (e.g., sales, support, development). And while our roots are in progressive politics, we love partnering with organizations of all kinds that share our passion for creating a better world.
- Develop and maintain the long-term vision for our products, including our competitive positioning and areas for potential expansion.
- Oversee and continually refine our process for setting product goals and prioritizing product enhancements and maintenance. This includes facilitating regular input from the engineering, design, sales + success, and support teams, as well as the CEO.
- Oversee our product management process, including project scoping, regular stand-ups, and retrospectives.
- Lead and mentor GetThru’s 2 product managers and 2 product designers, facilitating professional development, overseeing annual reviews, and recruiting new team members as necessary.
- Build a strong product culture that includes a commitment to user research, testing, competitive analysis, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Partner closely with the engineering department to balance UX, technical, and business considerations, and to develop mutually effective processes.
- Model a user-centered perspective that focuses on creating and preserving long-term user satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Product leadership experience at an established software-as-a-service company. Bonus if that experience is in a B2B2C company like ours.
- Demonstrated experience in working with various product development frameworks such as agile, lean, XP, design thinking, etc, and a flexible approach to process evolution. Experience managing product managers and product designers (i.e., supervision, mentorship, supporting professional development).
- Experience managing a department (i.e., goal setting, metrics, meeting facilitation, managing budgets).
- Proven experience in user research, UX, and product design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially meeting facilitation and process documentation.
- A commitment to / interest in progressive causes
- Location GetThru is an all-remote company with employees spread out across the country. Work from anywhere in the U.S. as long as there is good internet.
In addition to collaborating with an amazing group of colleagues, here are some of the other benefits of working at GetThru:
- 100% coverage of employee health benefits / 75% coverage for dependents
- 401k plan with company match
- 3 weeks vacation time for year 1, with increases in year 3 and 5
- Employee profit sharing pool
- Employee initiated tool grants to nonprofits
- Matching of employee charitable contributions
- Monthly wellness benefit
GetThru provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. As our company grows, we strive to make space for all kinds of people to do amazing work with us. We especially encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, immigrants, and other communities underrepresented in technology startups. We believe that a team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences will be more creative, more adaptable, and more effective. And we strive to build a team that reflects the communities we are working to support.