Elastic is the company behind the Elastic Stack - Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, Elastic helps people explore and analyze their data differently using the power of search. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Elastic offers their employees benefits like:
At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
The Threat Research and Detection Engineering (TRaDE) team is responsible for threat research to develop detection logic for Elastic products, mitigating emerging threats, and collaborating with the community - democratizing the space by sharing knowledge and capabilities.
We’re looking for a Security Engineer with experience building and supporting infrastructure used to distribute capabilities. You will collaborate with the broader Elastic Security team, who help you to creatively take on security problems and deliver fantastic user experiences.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work as part of the Security Protections team at Elastic with other data engineers, data scientists, detection engineers, and security researchers
- Extend and maintain systems used to automatically deliver updates to Elastic Endgame
- Develop detailed detection logic in one or more expression languages, delivered synchronously and asynchronously to Elastic customers
- Craft and operate data systems that assist with telemetry analysis and detection logic efficacy
- Research and simulate adversaries to develop training data sets, detection logic, and materials used for learning and development
- Analyze and maintain comprehension about Elastic detection logic libraries
- Effectively engaging the security community through Elastic Security Labs, Elastic’s blog, social media accounts, webinars, workshops, meetups, or speaking at conferences
- Collaborate with security research engineers and data scientists to measure and improve security protections
What you bring along:
- Demonstrated ability to build and ship production-ready enterprise software
- Proven experience using Python for automation, continuous integration and deployment
- Knowledge of HTTP and the ability to work with RESTful web applications
- Strong proficiencies in data structures and software design; and familiarity with Github hygiene and repository management
- Experience with microservices and containerization
- Collaborative demeanor with a strong disposition to learn new skills and emerging technologies
Bonus point desired experiences and interests:
- Familiarity with MITRE ATT&CK tactics, techniques, and the attack lifecycle
- Experience in security operations, research, or engineering
- Understanding of the Elastic Endgame solution, components, and capabilities
- Proficient with Lua and/or Golang
- Hands-on experiences with the Elastic Security Solution, query languages, prebuilt protections, and related features
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave