Follow Raytheon Technologies To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly!
Raytheon Technologies is seeking a SQL Database Administrator with a strong background in System Administration to be part of a team responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of a custom, off-line, Department of Defense IT network. An ideal candidate should have experience in many of required technical skills below. This position will work in a competitive environment and be responsible for working through all aspects of Life Cycle development
• Responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of program databases.
• Involved in the planning and development of databases, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users
• Consulting with staff, managers, and executives about the best security practices and providing technical advice.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
• Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
• Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
• Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
• Updating software with the latest security patches and ensuring the proper defenses are present for each network resource.
Required Technical Skills:
• Proven working experience as a Microsoft SQL Database Administrator
• Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
• Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, and integrity
• Familiarity with database design, documentation, and coding
• Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
• Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
• Must be able to attain and maintain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (CISSP or Security+ preferred).
Desired Technical Skills:
• 4-year degree in an engineering discipline
• Experience with a variety of other relational databases other than Microsoft SQL such as MySQL and PostgreSQL.
• Familiarity with programming languages API
• A strong understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and security systems.
• Experience hardening systems via policies, scripts, GPOs, or manually using STIGs or other system hardening baselines as they apply to appliances, applications, and operating systems
• Experience installing, configuring, hardening, and maintaining Window servers, performing software installations and upgrades to operating systems and COTS applications
• Knowledge of Service Management disciplines engagement, design, delivery and maintenance lifecycles in a high technology or IT services domain.
• Ability to work with an extremely risk adverse customer and their policies.
• Ability to travel (CONUS) up to 10% of the time.
Key responsibilities and soft skills for the qualified candidate include:
• Working with other engineers to brainstorm solutions to complex problems.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and applications as required.
• Strong passion for the cyber security industry.
• Demonstrated experience implementing computer security.
• Ability to adapt both an offensive and defensive mindset to support securing information systems.
• Ability to work with limited supervision. Must be a self-starter with initiative.
Requires advanced knowledge of work area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project
management. Practical to substantial knowledge of RTX projects, programs or systems with the ability to make enhancements and leverage in daily work.
A University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years prior relevant experience, or An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience
Engineering/Other Technical Positions:
Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.