Deloitte is one of the largest professional services firms, which means that we touch nearly every aspect of business.
Deloitte employs more than 100,000 people in the United States across its Audit & Assurance, Risk and Financial Advisory, Consulting and Tax practices. Our range of services and depth of resources create the potential to make an impact through most any career. Right now, our professionals are working closely with organizations that enable social change, spark disruptive technologies, fund cures for diseases, implement sustainability solutions, prevent identity theft, foster inclusive cultures, enhance trust in the capital markets, and a lot more.
At Deloitte, we know it’s essential for our people to be comfortably and authentically themselves. We are committed to being a place where our people feel like they belong and can succeed by recruiting, developing, and promoting a diverse workforce while providing unique opportunities and career paths for our people.
Are you a strategic thinker with first‐hand knowledge of the private equity and real estate industries? Do phrases like "cross border investment advisory" and "fund formation, hold, and exit reporting and consulting" peak your interest? Do you enjoy providing tax consulting and compliance services to U.S and foreign clients while identifying and analyzing complex issues? If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte’s Global Funds Tax Advisory ‐ Real Estate & Infrastructure team within International Tax Services.
What You’ll Do
As a manager, you will work within an engagement team and draw on experience in accounting and taxation to provide tax consulting and compliance services to various client types on the tax implications of their inbound and outbound structures and investments. You will identify basic, and some complex, tax issues and provide tax analysis and recommendations for these entities and their affiliates.
Additional responsibilities will include:
* Assisting clients with their implementation of specific international tax structures and processes
* Overseeing complex tax computation projects for clients in diverse industries
* Researching and preparing materials for consulting projects related to tax planning considerations
* Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team
* Supervising Senior and Tax Consultants
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Global Funds Tax Advisory ‐ Real Estate & Infrastructure team is a cross‐service line group of professionals within International Tax, Core Federal Tax, Real Estate Tax, Multistate Tax and others. Our teams serve a spectrum of clients including various types of real estate, infrastructure, credit and private equity funds, portfolio companies, REITs, US and foreign investors, among others. We offer a full‐range of tax services and work collaboratively to help clients meet the challenges of a rapidly evolving market and regulatory environment. Our team members are highly‐knowledgeable and have diverse backgrounds in transactional analysis and support, compliance and planning for inbound and outbound investments, inbound taxation exemptions (e.g., qualified foreign pension funds and foreign sovereigns), FIRPTA, tax treaties, transfer pricing, fund modeling, and more. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Global Funds Tax Advisory ‐ Real Estate & Infrastructure.
* 5+ years’ experience providing tax planning and/or compliance services, preferably with a focus on partnerships, funds, REITs, and/or international taxation. Note that a background in international tax is not required for this role.
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other business‐related field
* One of the following accreditations obtained:
* Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
* If not CPA eligible:
* Licensed attorney
* Enrolled Agent
* Experience working in a fast‐paced, team environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
* Previous Big 4 experience preferred
* Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
* Experience participating in strategic planning initiatives
* Experience working in a fast‐paced, team environment
* Strong research and verbal and written communication skills
* Strong executive presence
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. In the United States, Deloitte refers to one or more of the US member firms of DTTL, their related entities that operate using the “Deloitte” name in the United States and their respective affiliates. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.