Cribl unlocks the value of observability data.
Our products deliver choice and control over the rising volumes of telemetry data, enabling every organization to realize the value of all their observability data without limitation. Backed by the industry’s leading venture capitalists, including CRV, Sequoia Capital, Greylock Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and IVP, our solutions are deployed across organizations of all sizes. Many of the biggest names in the most demanding industries trust Cribl to solve their most pressing observability needs.
At our core, we foster an inclusive, values-aligned culture where all belong. We believe in a remote-first operating model, empowering the flexibility to do your best work, wherever you are. We’re also growing rapidly, welcoming collaborative, curious, and motivated team members who are passionate about putting customers first.
Join the herd and unlock your opportunity.
About the Opportunity
Cribl is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test. We are a fast-growing, remote-first company with a mission to unlock the value of all observability data. At our core, we believe in shipping phenomenal products and doing good by our customers and communities. We provide our customers with a new and unprecedented level of observability, intelligence, and control over their real-time data. We're backed by Sequoia and CRV, and our products are deployed in some of the largest organizations in the world processing 100s of TB and PB of IT & Security data, and managed by Site Reliability Engineers, System Engineers, and Technical Operations teams.
What You'll Accomplish
- Integrate with, improve, and build upon our continuous testing systems, testing automation, and reporting of quality metrics
- Work closely with development teams to ensure proper test planning and execution is incorporated as early as possible in our release cycles
- Be expert in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behaviour, and determining the root cause of issues
- Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
What You'll Bring
- Software engineering or Computer Science degree and/or relevant experience
- Hands-on experience with Docker
- Experience in test framework/suite design, development of test automation, both frontend and backend is important to be successful in this position
- Experience designing and developing tools and tests for complex customer use cases
- Experience cross collaborating with other teams such as Support, Sustaining and Customer escalations for instance
- Understanding and/or experience working with data intensive applications and/or data streams processing
- Detail-oriented and dedicated to elegant and high quality software; enjoys uncovering bugs
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; able to explain complex technical topics to both internal and external stakeholders with ease and in remote/distributed environments
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed. We work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.