“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices.
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation,
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies,
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide.
- Ingest data into our big data ecosystem and create analytical layer on top which helps business to take data-based strategic decisions.
- Perform technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including design, developing prototypes, coding assignments and working with API specs and automation.
- Function as a Leader on an Agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation).
- Leading a team of Engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to Finance Data Management
- Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation.
- Leads the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies.
- Empower teams to automate deployments in test or production environments.
- Empower teams to automatically scale applications based on demand projections.
- Takes accountability for the success of the team achieving their goals.
- Drives the team’s strategy and prioritizes initiatives.
- Influence team members by challenging status quo, demonstrating risk taking, and implementing creative ideas.
- Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
- 10+ years of Software Development experience, with a BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline including practical experience effectively interpreting technical and business objectives and challenges and designing solutions.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with Finance SMEs and partners of all levels to understand their business processes and take overall ownership of Analysis, Design, Estimation and Delivery of technical solutions for Finance business requirements and roadmaps.
- Hands-on expertise with application design and software development in Big Data across one or more platforms, languages, and tools.(Hadoop/ Spark/ HIVE/ NoSQL & SQL Databases).
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases(Mysql, Oracle, Yellowbrick).
- Expertise in Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, Spark and Impala.
- Solid understanding of data structures, Algorithms & Design Patterns and Strong programming knowledge in Java.
- Experience in analytical languages (Python or the equivalent) and knowledge about machine learning techniques. Also analyzing and building dashboards with data visualization tools such as Tableau using accelerator database Jethro.
- Extensive experiencing in application, integration, system and regression testing, including demonstration of automation and other CI/CD efforts.
- Experience with version control software’s like git and CI/CD testing/automation experience.
- Proficient with Scaled Agile application development methods.
- Deals well with ambiguous/under-defined problems; Ability to think abstractly.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential, including substantiated ability to innovate and take pride in quickly deploying working software.
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation is a plus
- Drives Results: Ability to get results with an emphasis on reducing time to insights and increased efficiency in delivering new Finance product capabilities into the hands of Finance constituents.
- Focuses on the Customer and Client with effective consultative skills across a multi-functional environment.
- Communicates Effectively: Verbally and in writing, including effective presentation skills.
- Drives Innovation and Change: Strong analytical skills, problem identification and resolution.
- Delivering business value using creative and effective approaches
- Develops Winning Strategies: Possesses strong business knowledge about the Finance organization, including industry standard methodologies.
- Demonstrates a strategic/enterprise viewpoint and business insights with the ability to identify and resolve key business impediments.
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Our differences are what shape the world, and we’re committed to ensuring everyone is seen, heard, and feels like they truly belong. That’s why... Read more