Technical Specialist – High Cycle Fatigue
With over one hundred years of industry, Cummins are the trailblazers when it comes to power generation technologies. From out 4000 hp engines to our hydrogen powered fuel cells, we are powering businesses in over 190 countries around the globe.
We are currently looking for a Technical Specialist working within our High Cycle Fatigue team. This position is targeted at improving preventative capabilities for high cycle fatigue in turbochargers and consequently drive simulation focused product validations improvement for better product outcomes and reduced rework.
The role is defined as Hybrid but there will be a requirement to attend the technical centre manufacturing site in Huddersfield.
- To lead method development projects within Turbocharger High Cycle Fatigue (HCF)
- To contribute as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in HCF with stakeholder groups, and to co-ordinate internal and external activities developing new capability.
- To develop workflows for adoption in component design and analysis within the technical function.
- Applies Principles of Fatigue and Durability - Determines life of components and systems via numerical modeling and/or physical measurements
- Product Systems Modeling and Analysis - Impact’s product design decisions to best meet stakeholder's requirements through the utilization and interpretation of numerical tools and methods that predict the performance of a component or system.
To be a success in your role you will need:
- Prior Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making.
- Demonstrable experience of working with forced vibration in rotating machines, Fatigue mechanisms and life prediction methods
- Preferred candidates would have a mix of experience using MS Office tools, MATLAB, Python, APDL-ANSYS, FORTRAN or C programming, Windows/Linux operating systems, and desktop/remote high performance computing hardware systems.
- College, university, or equivalent bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required
Compensation and Benefits include;
- Salary between £36,200 and £58,960 depending on relevant experience.
- Defined contribution pension scheme - company contributions up to 9%
- Annual bonus plan - target 4% (based upon company performance)
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan - support towards medical, optical and dental costs
- Health screening
- Life assurance
- 26 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Employee discount scheme - covering 100's of retailers
- Family friendly policies