Primary accountabilities for this role include:
You will be the specialist for Power BI and related Microsoft 365 products and services for modeling, visualizing, and experiencing data within your account teams.
- You will drive the advancement of Power BI and support the advancement of the overall Modern Work portfolio, encompassing the Microsoft 365 suite and Surface devices.
- You will be the subject matter expert on your local sales team for Power BI and related products such as Excel and Visio; and will lead competitive strategy for Power BI within your account teams.
- You will support lead identification and work with your account teams to build the business case for Power BI.
- You will work with your account teams to obtain a strong understanding of each account’s governance and decision processes and the customer’s business & technology priorities.
You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- You will lead technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proofs of concept, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Power BI and related Microsoft 365 products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- You will lead to clear technical, competitive and security blockers to accelerate Power BI sales and customer usage.
- You will own winning the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making.
- You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs.
You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of technical resources, by:
- Orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft products and services.
- Helping identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers, and helping ensure that these solutions are implemented.
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Intelligence solutions.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
You will stay sharp, share your knowledge, and learn practices from others.
- We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills, and competitive readiness.
- Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training, and articles for your domain.
- You will be recognized for sharing, learning, and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. Microsoft encourages thought leadership and leadership from every employee.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
Technical Solution Leader
- Business analytics and/or business process automation architect. The expertise and ability to integrate complex elements and customer requirements into innovative technical architectures, while integrating with the customer’s architecture, in the business intelligence space and data-driven decision-making; demonstrated knowledge of enterprise-level business analytics, including data modelling, report and dashboard creation, data security, governance and compliance
- Technical depth. Domain authority, having enterprise customer level technical experience with design, configuration and implementation of solutions based on Power BI
- Technical Industry-leading experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures and adjacent technologies, architecture designs, migrations, and industry standards; broad experience with Microsoft365; and competitive business intelligence product knowledge (Tableau, Qlik, etc.) required.
- Cloud Trust. High-level expertise in sophisticated identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance (including the EU General Data Protection Regulation) requirements, and experience integrating them into cloud and hybrid solutions required.
- Planning for success. Understand Office 365 deployment and adoption planning, including Microsoft FastTrack, and the high-level project management and change management tasks associated with driving usage of business intelligence solutions
- Community Builder. Understand capabilities of, and be able to work strategically and influence cohesively, Microsoft’s (or similar) customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations, internal and external communities and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- Excellent Strong people negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Market Maker. Strong leadership to influence key technical decision makers, influencers, industry decision makers and or boards required.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused required
- Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
Lead. Able to lead, inspire and mentor members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- Experience. max 2 years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
- Certification in domain-specific technologies
- Certification in the following technologies preferred: Power BI, Excel, Office 365
- Certification in information security preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.