- Experience in one of the following programming languages: Java, C++, or Python.
- Experience in designing and implementing distributed systems.
- Experience in Android OS.
- Experience in multi-tiered mission-critical systems.
- Experience in building Engineering teams.
- Knowledge of architecture, distributed systems, and demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional and cross-organizational communication and collaboration.
- Ability to establish credibility with engineers and provide longer term vision and motivation.
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
Android is Google’s open-source mobile operating system powering more than 3 billion devices worldwide. Android is about bringing computing to everyone in the world. We believe computing is a super power for good, enabling access to information, economic opportunity, productivity, connectivity between friends and family and more. We think everyone in the world should have access to the best computing has to offer. We provide the platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and developers to build compelling computing devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, wearables, etc) that run the best apps/services for everyone in the world.
- Design and implement the overall media processing architecture using Java.
- Collaborate with Google and third-party app developers, and the open source community, to support integrations of our libraries.