There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
Software Engineers at T. Rowe Price are playing a key role in helping build the future of financial services, working hand-in-hand with business partners to create client experiences that are changing the way people invest. Are you a technologist with a fresh perspective who is passionate about solving complex business, data and technical challenges? You will have the opportunity to create groundbreaking, next-generation applications for n-tier cloud architectures. You will be involved throughout the entire SDLC.
We will provide you challenging work that has an impact. Opportunities to learn and grow in a collaborative culture that encourages every member of our team to bring their point of view to the table—because that’s how we help our clients succeed. We are employing modern paradigms such as cloud computing, lightweight microservices, and distributed and non-relational databases to deliver elastically scalable, globally distributed and highly resilient software services.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? If so, we encourage you to apply!
- Craftsman-like approach to building software
- Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g. personal projects, open-source involvement) while using their problem solving capabilities to deliver solutions utilizing a top end engineering approach
- Focus on delivering value to the business with valiant efforts to improve processes and best practices
- Exceptional technology skills
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches
- Strong analytical ability, true problem solver
- High achiever who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking
- Participant in code reviews and actively participates in providing feedback on others’ designs/code
- Accountable for technical debt in their own software
- Proactively helps team members/make suggestions to improve practices.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science of another related technical discipline (preferred)
- Experience with automated delivery pipelines, agile delivery and test-driven development
- In-depth knowledge of software design patterns
- Solid understanding of cloud native architectures (AWS, etc.) for containerized microservices preferred
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with quantitative researchers, traders and senior business leaders
- Confident communicator; able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented
- Stays current with many best-of-breed technologies
- Shows a commitment to quality by implementing suitable software using unit/integration and acceptance testing at the time of feature development
- Debugs large components with limited assistance and assists other engineers with debugging
- Experience leading code reviews and actively participates in providing feedback on others’ designs/code
- Designs and develops practical APIs and abstractions.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and schema design.
- A solid understanding of financial markets and instruments is a plus
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.
This role is eligible for remote work up to three days a week.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Benefits: We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.
About Us. We believe in strategic investing. It has guided how we do business for more than 80 years, and its driven by independent thinking and... Read more