Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
We are recognized by the American Diabetes Association and follow the National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support. The Educator will be a Registered Dietitian with a CDCES credential and have 2 or more years of direct experience in diabetes education. He/she will instruct and counsel patients both individually and in classes. This person should be willing to have a flexible schedule (40hrs/wk) typically M-F 8-5.
- Provide expert nutrition education and counseling to all persons’ with diabetes and their families as needed
- Provides diabetes instruction and/or medical nutrition therapy to patients in group or individual settings
- Work with all types of diabetes patients including newly diagnosed type 1 and 2 and poorly controlled diabetic patients incorporating a comprehensive education plan which implements the ten essential areas of the curriculum as specified by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) encompassing nutrition, exercise, blood glucose monitoring (including management of both high and low readings), sick day rules, and risks of poorly controlled diabetes
- Assesses the individual needs of patients based on relevant medical history, social history, self-management skills, and diabetes related behaviors and develops and documents an educational plan based on American Diabetes Association guidelines which includes measurable learning objectives and patient selected behavioral objectives
- Promote self-management to achieve individualized behavioral and treatment goals that optimize health outcomes
- Communicates patient’s care plan to primary care providers
- Collaborates with the other team members of the Diabetes Self-Management Education instructional team to problem solve, share information, and up-date educational tactics
- Assists with the development and evaluation of educational material used in the classroom and individual setting
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities to ensure the provision of and improvement upon safe and quality patient care
- Contributes to and actively supports implementation of department decisions and attainment of department goals
- Participates in staff and advisory meetings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics
- Meets the American Dietetic Association's requirements for Dietitian Registration
- Certification by the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators preferred or ability to sit for the Certified Diabetes Educator examination within 6 months of being hired
- 2+ years direct patient care experience with diabetic population
- Ability to travel to practices in the Albuquerque/Rio Rancho region
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Insulin pump and Continuous Glucose Monitoring Sensor (CGMS) experience
- Experience with electronic charting
- Field based work experience
- Competence in face-to-face, telephonic, and group
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company with a mission to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work... Read more