AVEVA is a global leader in industrial software, driving digital transformation and sustainability. By connecting the power of information and artificial intelligence with human insight, AVEVA enables teams to use their data to unlock new value. We call this Performance Intelligence. AVEVA’s comprehensive portfolio enables more than 20,000 industrial enterprises to engineer smarter, operate better and drive sustainable efficiency. AVEVA supports customers through a trusted ecosystem that includes 5,500 partners and 5,700 certified developers around the world. The company is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with over 6,500 employees and 90 offices in over 40 countries. Learn more at www.aveva.com.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
AVEVA Offsites Consulting Application Engineer
Application & systems engineering for Aveva’s Offsites Solutions for inventory, movement, & blending management, automation, control, & optimization for the refining and terminals industries.
• Support of marketing, business development, sales, & proposal efforts
• Project justification benefits analyses
• Preliminary/feasibility/front-end engineering design (FEED) studies
• Project detailed design specifications
• Application & system engineering of complex systems, comprising multiple application server/display client modules integrated within a common base suite software environment and relational database.
• Integration of Aveva systems with customer instrumentation, control, information, and business systems.
• System internal and factory acceptance testing
• Site integration, commissioning, and acceptance testing
• Training of customer engineering and operations users
• Project post audits of system performance and economic benefits
• Post-commissioning customer technical support
• Technical and commercial project management
• Product software development direction
• Continuous improvement of internal work processes
Approximately 30% travel may be required (primarily North America; some European and Latin American trips may be required).
Bachelor's Degree in Chemical or Systems/Control Engineering or other discipline with equivalent experience is required. Master's Degree preferred.
Position requires 2-10 years of related experience with an operating company in the refining industry or with an automation or engineering company serving the refining industry.
• Experience in the development, implementation, and/or operation of refinery inventory & movement management and blend optimization systems
• Experience with instrument, automation, control, and information systems: e.g., tank gauging systems; online process analyzers; Foxboro I/A, Honeywell TDC/Experion, other DCS; Wonderware; plant information systems; planning and scheduling systems
good written and oral communication skills
• Experience with relational database (Oracle, SQL Server) applications and system integration
• Experience with control system/business network integration of application server/display client system architectures.
• An understanding of refinery and offsites operations, regulatory and advanced process control, model-predictive control and multi-period optimization techniques.