The successful candidate must have worked as a DBA with hands-on experience supporting Oracle, Vertica, MySQL and Mongodb. This role will be focused on database support primarily for Oracle and Vertica. MySQL and Mongodb would be secondary. The role is expected to work closely with other senior DBA engineers on the team and various development groups in productionizing and optimizing applications leveraging Oracle and Vertica and the other database technologies The candidate will also be providing assistance in physical & logical database design for these database platforms. Additional responsibility involves development of DBManagement which is an in house developed python based framework for configuring/monitoring/backup of all databases on Linux platform.
Oracle Database Administration
- Install, monitor, and maintain Oracle and VERTICA software, implement monitoring and alerting, implement backup and recovery processes, provide system and SQL performance tuning and assist in business process integration with various data sources.
- Has prior working experience developing python classes and objects to be used with database monitoring framework and dba task automation
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of database internals and data structures.
- Has hands-on experience with database optimization and tuning.
- Fulfills user requests ranging from access control, backup, restore, refresh to non-production to performance tuning.
Production support for other RDBMS Platforms – Mysql, MongoDB
- Provides US hour online & on call coverage for production support and administration of Mysql, MongoDB
- Fulfills user requests ranging from access control, backup, restore to runbook performance tuning.
- Develop dba applications for system automation and integration
- Bachelor degree in computer science, or information technology, or other related field of study
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in Oracle & MySQL Database Administration/ Engineering
- Python object-oriented programming skills
- Skills in Ansible, Python and Linux shell scripting is a must in understanding and maintaining database scripts
- Quick learner, detail oriented; Demonstrable thoroughness and strong ownership of work.
- Good team player with a strong willingness to participate and help others.
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; High sense of urgency
- Knowledge of MySQL, MongoDB, SYBASE
- Hands-on experience with Python multiprocessing, Django web framework and Celery Async framework
- Python based web development in either Django or Flask
- Experience in Financial markets & familiarity with financial applications
About Millennium is a global alternative investment management firm, founded in 1989, which manages more than $56 billion in assets. Technology... Read more