SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities on the pulse of what's new, now and next in culture. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
We are looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager (Principal TPM) for the SoundCloud Platform team. The team mission is to expose access to SoundCloud content, data and functionalities for all 1P and 3P developers enabling them to build compelling experiences for Music Fans and Creators. As a Principal TPM you will lead multi-discipline, highly technical project initiatives across the entire SoundCloud company. You will work closely with product and design teams to deliver amazing products for our customers. As a strategic leader, you will have an important role in identifying investment opportunities, developing long term strategies, and proposing, prioritizing and delivering on goals. You will consistently bring strong, data-driven business and technical judgment to decisions. You will communicate proactively with other teams across the company to collaborate on cross-cutting topics. As the company and its goals evolve your role will change a lot in time. You are open for a change and eager to take new responsibilities as required.
As a perfect candidate for this position you have a proven track record of leading projects and programs across disciplines and geographies. You are competent in project management tools and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle. You have experience with software platforms, platform-based apps, web services, APIs and UX. Last but not least you are a strong communicator with experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
If you are excited by the opportunity to directly impact the daily experience and happiness of millions of people around the world, giving them the power to share and connect through music, we’d love to hear from you.
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- You can contribute to our Engineering Blog
- Not located in Berlin? No worries, we offer extensive relocation support including allowances, one way flights, temporary accommodation and, by partnering with Expath, on the ground support on arrival
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Professional development allowance
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- We offer free German courses at beginning, intermediate and advanced
- Various snacks, goodies and 2 free lunches weekly at the office!
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us lead what’s next in music by understanding and empowering our creators and fans, no matter their identity. We acknowledge the challenges in the music industry, and strive to influence an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute respectfully and thrive, especially the historically marginalized communities that many of our creators, fans and SoundClouders identify with.
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment at SoundCloud for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.