The Marketing Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Communications team to execute proactive marketing and communications strategies. You will be responsible for supporting the department’s internal and external communications goals by focusing on a variety of visibility initiatives, including social media outreach and planning, content creation and storytelling, event marketing and departmental administrative support. You will also maintain a robust communications calendar, as well as our goals to uplift the voices of those closest to pain and injustice.
Liberty Hill’s work is focused on Los Angeles County; however, we understand that what happens in L.A. influences the nation. In this historical moment, we believe it is especially important for Los Angeles to be a beacon of social justice nationwide.
OUR APPROACH: Liberty Hill is a public foundation founded in 1976 to power social change from the ground up by fueling grassroots community organizing. Every dollar invested in community organizing yields a $90 return in community benefits through progressive policy change. We support organizers who are tackling injustice with our three-pronged strategy: grantmaking, training, and alliance building.
What you will do:
- Seek out opportunities to uplift the voices of our grantee partners, sharing relevant articles and information on social and other mediums about local movements and campaigns.
- Maintain the departmental Communications and Annual Observances calendar and identify promotional and content creation opportunities.
- Work with Communications team on planning and strategy for annual social media Calendar
- Create compelling copy and content for Liberty Hill publications, newsletters, and social media/Web channels.
- Assist with grantee and staff interviews, photo, and video shoots.
- Provide communications support for programmatic and fundraising events, such as securing photography/videography vendors, and coordinating on-site logistics.
- Maintain inventory of Liberty Hill branded materials and handle processes for ordering and distribution of materials for promotional purposes.
- Provide communications coverage and support at donor and programmatic events, including photo gathering, social media posting, and other logistical support.
- Assist with communications logistics and planning for virtual events.
- Coordinate Communications project cue.
- Serve on Internal Communications Taskforce and coordinate information gathering, content creation and relevant organizational updates.
- Coordinate content updates for Communications portal and keep staff up to date on departmental procedures.
- Provide content and support for the Hiller Hub Staff Newsletter, ensuring timely delivery.
- Handle scheduling of departmental meetings, video shoots, grantee interviews and other opportunities to gather content for storytelling purposes.
- Organize and maintain departmental vendor lists and handle processing for all invoices, contracts, photo releases, and necessary documents.
- Provide administrative support for Departmental and organizational partnership meetings.
You will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in communications, public relations, and marketing, with nonprofit experience preferred.
- Experience creating content for both print and online media channels.
- Knowledge of intranet portals and the ability to gather and synthesize information from multiple sources.
- Proficiency coordinating posts and monitoring performance for a variety of social media platforms.
- Ability to create compelling written messages and craft human impact stories that inspire action.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects in deadline driven remote environment.
- Action-oriented problem solver willing to roll up your sleeves and overcome challenges and roadblocks.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Knowledge of project management software and social media monitoring tools.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders or independently.
- Commitment to justice, equality, diversity, and inclusion
- Availability to attend an in-person meeting at least monthly in Los Angeles
- 100% coverage for employee healthcare, vision and dental
- Employer 403b contribution and match
- Remote work stipend
- 22 paid holidays
- 2 Volunteer Days
- Fridays off in August
- 2 Weeks paid time off in December