MSREI Corporate Credit Senior Associate / Vice President Job Description:
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (“MSIM”), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 1,400 investment professionals around the world and $1.4 trillion in assets under management or supervision as of December 31, 2023. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide strong long-term investment performance, outstanding service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing (“MSREI”) is the global private real estate investment management business of Morgan Stanley. One of the most active property investors in the world for over three decades, MSREI employs a patient, disciplined approach through global value-add / opportunistic and regional core real estate investment strategies. With 17 offices throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia, regional teams of dedicated real estate professionals combine a unique global perspective with local presence and significant transaction execution expertise. MSREI currently manages $53 billion of gross real estate assets worldwide on behalf of its clients.
MSREI is searching for a Corporate Credit Professional to join its dynamic Acquisitions team, which invests in unique opportunities throughout the capital structure of real estate assets and corporate credits across all industries. The Corporate Credit Professional will be a critical member of the newly formed Net Lease and Sale-Leaseback Investment vertical, supporting new origination efforts. The Corporate Credit Professional will evaluate and price credit risks in sale-leaseback transactions, net lease acquisitions, OpCo / PropCo splits, and other corporate credit-related investment opportunities. In addition to corporate sale-leasebacks, the Corporate Credit Professional will support various real estate investments in the private and public markets (no real estate experience is required).
The Corporate Credit Professional will participate in and contribute to Acquisition Pipeline, Investment Committee, and Asset Management meetings that provides direct access to senior executives of MSIM. The Corporate Credit Professional will have direct influence on deal selection, pricing, and structuring.
• Work with senior members of MSREI to conduct diligence on investment opportunities
• Perform in-depth sector and company research
• Independently construct company financial forecast and valuation models
• Perform valuation, absolute return and relative value assessments on credit opportunities
• Draft investment and credit memoranda
• Read and interpret credit documentation
• Collaborate across business units in the sourcing of potential investment opportunities
• Track portfolio company results
• Assist with investor reporting
• Assist in fundraising efforts
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Superior academic record and job performance
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience (no real estate experience is required)
• Private credit, Investment banking, leveraged finance, or private equity experience strongly preferred; experience with high-yield credits and LBOs are highly desired
• Excellent Excel skills and ability to independently create flowing, 3-statement financial projection models
• Must be comfortable using Bloomberg to assess fixed income pricing, corporate fair value curves, and other relevant inquiries in creating relative value analysis
• Strong written and verbal presentation skills
• Ability to work and think independently under time constraints
• Interest in investing
Expected base pay rates for the role will be between $150000 and $200000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base pay if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, other short and long-term incentive packages, and other Morgan Stanley sponsored benefit programs.
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).