Stem exists to help artists navigate the business behind their music. We do this by reducing complexity, creating clarity, and providing more opportunities to exercise full control. The artists on our platform decide for themselves how their hard-earned dollars flow–whether through splits to their collaborators or by scaling their earnings to invest in their futures with no strings attached.
Stem Disintermedia is led by a driven & collaborative team from diverse backgrounds, including senior professionals from UTA, PeerStreet, Hired, Apple Music, and FlashFunders. Our highly-strategic group of investors and senior advisors include former COO of Venmo Michael Vaughan, Acorns board member and former Wealthfront CEO Adam Nash, Carta CEO Henry Ward, Quality Control Music (Cardi B, the Migos and Lil Yachty) co-founder and COO Kevin "Coach K" Lee, Three Six Zero CEO Mark Gillespie, two-time NBC All-Star Baron Davis and WndrCo. Our employees include musicians, parents, activists, artists, and more - what unites us are our shared values, commitment to exceptional communication, and belief in Stem’s mission.
About Product at Stem:
Stem’s product team shapes our product offering both short-term and long-term. We are responsible for:
-Bringing products and features to market while driving towards the company vision and achieving business results.
-Deeply knowing and understanding our customers - primarily music artists and the teams that help them build their businesses (artist business managers, labels, and lawyers)
-Discovering customer opportunities and pain points, then innovating on solutions
-Understanding the market and industry dynamics and positioning our offering within that context.
-Moving in lockstep with our engineering team day-to-day and cycle-to-cycle on build & execution
-Collaborating with Stem’s artist & label relations team to ensure our current and future customers receive product updates and are continuously providing feedback we can use to build our busines
As a Product Manager at Stem, you will work with our team to build out the best user experience while setting our business & customers up for success and growth. You will work on products and features spanning financial reporting and payments, data analysis, and digital supply chain used by some of the most prominent creative names and companies today.
What you'll do:
- Ownership of our Distribution Product Offering
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative product features for creators and creative businesses.
- Work hands-on with designers and engineers to implement and build new features that meet Stem's straightforward standard.
- Drive product development from small features to entirely new product offerings.
- Prepare models/business cases that justify the feature development decisions.
- Regularly optimize in an ever-evolving environment where our process is shifting, and original solutions are standard.
- Establish clear, long-term business success metrics and drive product efforts that will achieve them.
- Work on the definition and reporting of relevant KPIs to continually optimize technical and financial performance for our business.
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
- Work with the team to monitor the competitive and industry landscape, keeping up-to-date with important market advancements.
- 3+ years of work experience as a Product Manager or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Experience gathering requirements for new products and processes
- Experience making data driven decisions to improve upon existing products and processes
- Possess an excellent product/design sense, and you can take complex problems and make simple experiences.
- Ability to lead complicated cross-functional projects while handling many moving pieces.
- Excellent communication with engineering, design, and senior management
- Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows.
- Experience with software development process / digital product lifecycle.
- Don’t match all of the skills listed here but think you’re a good fit anyway? Let us know!
- Exposure and/or experience in the creative industries, especially the music industry
- Experience working with digital service providers such as Spotify and Apple.
- Previous experience with Business Intelligence tooling (i.e, Tableau, Periscope, and Looker)
- Experience working in a small to mid-size startup company environment
- Working knowledge of SQL
Don't match every skill listed? Almost nobody does! Think you're a good fit anyway? Please let us know.
+ Competitive compensation package including equity for all full-time employees.
+ We maintain salary brackets for all career tracks to ensure equitable salaries across the company.
+ 100% premiums covered for employee medical, dental, and vision (60% for dependents)Company 401(k) match up to 4%.
+ Unlimited paid time off
+ Life insurance
+ Student loan pay down program
+ Excellent parental leave policies
**Stem is an equal opportunity employer, and more than that, actively strives to build and nurture a diverse, inclusive, and equitable team. We celebrate differences and screen for shared values rather than culture fit. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.**