Novelis is driven by its purpose to shape a sustainable world together. Being at the forefront of today’s aluminum manufacturing and recycling industry worldwide and dedicated to making better products that lead to a better, more sustainable world.
As a global leader in innovative products and services and the world's largest recycler of aluminum, championing the vision of closed loop recycling, we partner with customers in many industries to deliver extraordinary solutions that will delight our customers of today and tomorrow in a very fast pace.
The company is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with a global footprint and over 14,000 employees and recorded $12.3 billion in revenue for its 2020 fiscal year. Novelis is a subsidiary of Hindalco Industries Limited, an industry leader in aluminum and copper, and the metals flagship company of the Aditya Birla Group, a multinational conglomerate based in Mumbai, India.
At Novelis, our people is our most valued resource. We embrace our diversity to see real world problems through various lenses, and make break-through technology possible. Our family oriented atmosphere encourages and enables employees and their families to give back to their communities through volunteering and working with non-profit partners and local schools towards making communities safer, supporting STEM education initiatives and growing recycling.
This position is part of the Manufacturing Excellence team working with high-level engineers around the globe.The incumbent will be accountable for leading efforts on Mechanical Engineering design of cold rolling mills relative to modifications, upgrades, innovation, maintenance, or troubleshooting of Cold rolling mill mechanical components.This person will also provide support in the manufacturing processes by working closely with the Manufacturing Excellence teams (ATAB, Rolling and Finishing, Engineering and Molten Metal Processes). It includes the application of technologies like gearboxes, spindles, bridles, spindles, pre-stations and coil handling. The major responsibilities are also to develop plant Mechanical engineers to be self-sufficient in maintaining and improving the local cold mill equipment. The incumbent could work temporarily as an integrated team member within the plant operations and, at times, will direct the work of vendors and consultants.
- Develop and implement Mechanical design improvements with Mill OEMs
- Review Mechanical design of cold mill equipment.
- Confirm and approve cold mill designs changes for the projects and sign them off
- Be present during cold mill installation, commissioning and startup, leading technical discussions and helping to get a conclusion while developing the Engineers that will be on site.
- Approve end of equipment commissioning and FAT
- Transfer knowledge and train Mechanical Engineers in the facilities that the Cold Mill is targeted
- Define long and short-term integration plans for technologies to be applied and budget for implementation and commissioning at Cold Mill mechanical.
- Provide technical direction during new deployments or upgrades.
- Application of mature engineering knowledge in planning and conducting projects having a scope for independent accomplishment and coordination of difficult and responsible assignments.
- Application of state-of-the-art technology and techniques to resolve complex problems related to Cold Mill mechanical applications.
- Collaborate with EMRA teams to synchronize activities for the Cold mill of production equipment and business processes.
- Influence regional and/or global decision-making by preparing and presenting technical information to senior management on matters with significant business impact, such as regional/multi-site capital expenditures or regional process/product improvements
- Bachelor of Science (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong background in working industrial safety programs (LOTO, Confine Space, Fall Protection, etc.) in an industry/construction environment.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in aluminum cold rolling equipment and supporting systems.
- Working knowledge of Industrial mechanical systems associated with cold rolling equipment and supporting systems (rolling mills, furnaces, piping systems, chilled water systems, compressed air, coolant room systems, etc.).
- Good working knowledge of Industrial buildings and building related systems.
- Skills with project management and scheduling.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Projects, AutoCAD/Solid works).
- Able to develop presentations and present the material for area of their responsibility to team members as well as upper management.
- Develop documents (Proposals for requesting funding, Tracking and forecasting budgets -spreadsheet, Technical Specification for systems and equipment, requisitions for purchasing equipment and labor to complete task
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Ability to travel when required supporting the project.
- Will report to Global EMRA Director and may indirectly report to the Project Leader of a new Cold Mill facility.
- Project management skills
- Result oriented and decision making capability.
- Demonstrated leadership skills by combining leadership qualities with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Aluminum process knowledge is desirable
- Able to travel up to 50% (North America and Internationally)
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are the cornerstone of everything we do at PowerToFly. Together, we build a culture of belonging that guides our mission, values, services, products, employees, clients, and community. This active and intentional foundation fuels our innovation and impact to advance economic equality in underrepresented communities. We are a global team committed to mitigating bias and lifting barriers in our recruitment and hiring processes.
PowerToFly is an equal opportunity employer and ensures individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other qualities protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Novelis is driven by its purpose to shape a sustainable world together. Being at the forefront of today’s aluminum manufacturing and recycling... Read more