Our solution engineers are part of a highly-skilled team that helps shape strategies on the effective adoption and use of the ArcGIS system. We invite you to use your problem-solving skills and passion for GIS technology to become an integral part of the Americas team. You’ll work closely with our local distributors that helps our customers take advantage of geoanalysis to find unique patterns, trends, and understanding hidden within complex business problems.Responsibilities
- Act as a core member of the account team to present, demonstrate, and support selling Esri software and solutions in the Latin American and Caribbean markets
- Act as a subject matter expert of the Latin American region, as well as a technical expert of Esri's complete technology
- Proactively craft and propose solutions to clarify how GIS brings business value to customers by addressing the critical business challenges they face
- Define and deliver strategies to customers that align Esri technology with their business
- Provide configuration guidance and best practices
- Present Esri technical demonstrations of proposed solutions to clients in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. Understand how to design presentations for technical and non-technical customers with various organizations
- Translate from English to Spanish and/or Portuguese, and vice versa, for all above job duties
- Must speak Spanish and Portuguese as the vast majority of Esri customers in this region do not speak English
- Can work remotely
- Three (3) years of experience in the job offered or related occupation in which the required experience was gained
- Applicants must also have demonstrated experience with the following: Spatial analysis; Geodatabases; ArcGIS; and DBMS Technology. Position also requires written and verbal fluency in English, Spanish, and Portuguese
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, computer science, or a related field of study,
- Employer will accept a three-year degree or a combination of degrees/diplomas as meeting the Bachelor’s requirement
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.