HR Acuity is seeking an experienced Product Designer to join our product team. We are a profitable, fun, fast-growing and innovative company looking for a Product Designer to be responsible for the design and user experience for our suite of products. This person will help drive the future of our solutions and our business by creating the vision and strategy.
As Product Designer, you will conceive, design and develop the UX designs for multiple product offerings in the roadmap. You’ll absorb product and feature themes, analyze, prepare and articulate your ideas and with compelling illustrations, frameworks and prototypes. You’ll work closely with the product and engineering team stakeholders in supporting the product roadmap.
HR Acuity® is the leader in employee relations and investigation solutions. Our Software as a Service (SaaS) technology solution helps achieve consistency in how organizations track, investigate and analyze employee issues. Why work here? Simply put, we have a nimble culture, innovative environment, freedom to think and implement, explosive growth, and work with Fortune 500 clients.
As a Product Designer in a fast-paced startup, you should be a self-starter, be able to deal with a level of ambiguity and offer creative solutions to many of the design challenges we face. Along with design skills, you should ideally have some prototyping software such as Sketch and/or Figma. The Product Designer role is a key component of the product strategy at HR Acuity® and whilst experience is important, the ideal candidate will also complement our team, culture and drive!
- Deeply understand the needs of our customers, their ER professionals, their managers and their employees
- Create user centric designs with inputs from product, engineering and leadership stakeholders
- Conduct concept and usability testing with customers and gather their feedback
- Develop and design wireframes, mockups, data flow and interaction specs along with functional prototypes
- Create and maintain personas
- Create and maintain design documentation
- Own and communicate UX patterns and guidelines that contribute to the brand experience
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Work with product management and engineering groups to develop new products and features
- Present work to stakeholders for review with day in life experience stories
- Collaborate with the SVP of Product Management to help visually communicate the long-term product vision
- Keep up-to-date with competitor products and industry trends
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a UX Designer, ideally in a SaaS B2B platform environment (HR Tech a plus)
- Proven experience in web and native apps and mobile first design approaches
- Demonstrable experience with UX design for complex workflows in B2B or B2C SaaS products
- Experience with user centric design strategies and user experience principles and techniques
- Knowledge of & experience with design software such as Sketch and/or Figma
- Experience leading design work in an agile and fast-moving environment
- Ability to balance short-term fixes and long-term roadmap
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- • Comprehensive medical, dental and vision to keep you healthy. • Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care) . Heath Savings Account • Paid Parental Leave • Company Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability • Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance • Company Paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP) • 401K with Company Match • Employee Stock Program • Employee Referral Bonuses • Competitive salary and meaningful opportunity for growth. • Remote work environment * • Flexible Paid Time Off to recharge! • Paid Holidays (including your birthday!) • “Summer Fridays” from Memorial Day through Labor Day* • “First Fridays”, which provide a half-day off on the first Friday of each month * • Fun, energetic teams to work with those that value suggestions and new ideas * Based upon business need
HR Acuity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our team. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.