Here at Skedulo, we’re on a mission to support the 2.7 billion people in the world—and the companies that employ them—who do not work at a desk every day. Our global teams are collaborative, ambitious, innovative, and passionate about helping our customers realize their fullest potential by enabling their mobile workforces.
The Skedulo team is a tight-knit group of builders who are passionate about shaping the future of how work gets done outside of the traditional office setting. We are looking for motivated, self-starters who share our values, challenge the status quo, and push the pace of innovation in order to accelerate growth. If you’re drawn to solving hard problems and want to help develop software that will make a difference in people’s lives, Skedulo is for you. Visit our website to learn more about what Skedulo does and to learn more about our people and team.
As a Mobile Engineer you will be required to produce and implement functional software solutions on our Mobile platforms. You will work with Product Managers and other Engineers in a cross-functional team to implement key features that will provide tangible results to the success of the company.
In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organization, communication and problem-solving skills. You must be at ease working in an agile, fast paced environment and should embody a passion for continuous improvement.
- Day to Day:
- Writing and reviewing code from the sprint backlog inline with mobile guild best practices
- Assisting in driving squad sprint execution to ensure timelines are met without compromising on quality.
- Anticipates and communicates blockers or delays for their work (or their squads) before they require escalation.
- You may be required to participate in your squad's on-call rotation as part of supporting the services your squad owns.
- Technical Duties:
- Consistently writes production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other engineers, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Ensures their commitments are realistic, understands their priority and urgency, and delivers upon them accordingly.
- Communication & Leadership Duties:
- Communicate within your team in an effective, clear, concise manner in both written and verbal form on technical and non-technical subjects.
- Helps their fellow team members overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks.
- Mentor more junior teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, and empathetic manner.
- Must have at least 3+ years of commercial experience in native mobile development Android or iOS
- Must have at least 1+ years working with React Native
- Must have at least 1+ years working with agile development methodologies
Desired/ Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Preferred candidates will have prior experience and a deep understanding of iOS with Swift or Android/ Kotlin
- Preferred candidates will have experience with Reactive programming paradigms such as RxSwift or RxJava
- Preferred candidates will have experience with UIKit or with Jetpack and Material Components.
- Preferred candidates will have prior experience with MVVM concepts/frameworks.
- Preferred candidates will have prior experience writing UI and integration tests.
- Some experience with Couchbase or Realm data stores is an advantage.
- Preferred candidates will have a team player mentality, are quick on their feet, agile, and aren't afraid to speak up and voice their opinion.
Top Reasons to Join Skedulo!
- A dynamic product company with great tech.
- You get your own Macbook Pro.
- We support your professional development.
- Balanced Workload. Perform at your Best!
- Working from home set up stipend: $150
- Learning & Development stipend: $125 per quarter
- 7 paid sick days per year
- 20 paid leave days per year
- 8 paid Mental Healths days per year
- 3 paid Volunteer days per year
- 12 days of paid Public Holiday per year
- Annual health check-up
- Off-site trip annually
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks) in conjunction with eligible government benefits
- Miscarriage & Bereavement leave
- Equity in the form of SARS (Stock Appreciation Rights)
- Medical Benefits for employees, spouse & children
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Annual Mental Wellness Week event & a Modern Health subscription to help support the mental wellbeing
- Leadership, Mentorship, DEIB Program
- Fun, creative, and fast-paced working environment
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks
- Our offices have creative, open workspaces with room to play, reflect and relax
- Our team is extremely competitive, and we will challenge your best table tennis skills
We encourage you to apply
If you read through the requirements as a checklist and haven’t ticked every box, please don’t rule yourself out just yet. We’ve seen the research that women and other people in underrepresented groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. Don’t self-reject!
Our Mission Skedulo is on a mission to support the 2.7 billion people in the world–and the companies that employ them–who do not work at a desk... Read more