Elastic is the company behind the Elastic Stack - Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, Elastic helps people explore and analyze their data differently using the power of search. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Elastic offers their employees benefits like:
Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
We're looking to add a new node to the Elastic product cluster as part of the Product Management team. At Elastic, we’re committed to providing the best user experience to our customers and community. One of the most significant components of the Elastic Search Platform is our user interface, Kibana. Kibana empowers millions of users to answer hard questions, with large data sets, at scale. To be successful in this role you will need to be a self-starter, diligent, and have experience and passion building global experiences that will make new users and long standing customers more successful with Elastic.
If you are passionate about end user experience, experimentation and building simple solutions for complex problems we would love to talk to you!What You Will Be Doing:
You will work together with product management, user research, design, engineering, customers and other internal partners to build user-friendly and consistent overarching experiences in Kibana. You will lead product initiatives focused on delivering high-impact, shared experiences to all end users of Elastic.
With an outside-in perspective you will improve and iterate on key milestones within the customer lifecycle, streamline common flows across applications and build net-new capabilities that push forward the Elastic community. You will analyze market trends, customer and community feedback, usage data, and other key information to develop product insights and help drive the product roadmap.
In Addition You Will
- Take a platform oriented approach to defining and iterating on broad experiences impacting all products, applications and users using Kibana.
- Define requirements with measurable success criteria for key customer milestones such as onboarding and upgrading.
- Work closely with design and user research to experiment and prototype functionality before committing to delivery.
- Build net-new, high-impact features for community, SMB and enterprise use cases.
- Collaborate with product and engineering partners across multiple teams to drive cross-team initiatives.
- Follow market trends for user experiences that “move the needle” and engage closely with our community to validate new workflows and features.
- Work with support, product marketing, and sales to ensure the features and experiences we build are supported, promoted, and used by the community.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data for funnel analysis, experimentation, decision making and measuring success.
- Thrive in a fast paced, globally distributed and hard-working environment.
- Confidence in decision making but flexible enough to really listen to others perspectives.
- Ability to connect engineering teams to customers and can articulate the "why" both internally and externally.
- Experience working cross-functionally across all departments and levels of the organization.
- Empathy, transparency, and a good sense of humour.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both asynchronous and synchronous communication.
- Curiosity, an open mind and a humble demeanor — we are here for the success of the team and the company.
- Take a data driven approach to product definition and iteration. Sift through substantial amounts of data and make bias free data driven decisions.
- Curiosity for how and why our community and customers use and extend the capabilities of the Elastic Search Platform, specifically Kibana
- Ability to distill complex concepts into clear product requirements and wireframes with a strong emphasis on user experience.
#Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave