Bridgewater Associates is a premier asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for the most sophisticated global institutional investors. Our investment process is driven by a tireless pursuit to understand how the world’s markets and economies work — using cutting edge technology to validate and execute on timeless and universal investment principles.
Founded in 1975, we are a community of independent thinkers who share a commitment for excellence. By fostering a culture of openness, transparency, and inclusion, we strive to unlock the most complex questions in investment strategy, management, and corporate culture.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our values — meaningful work and meaningful relationships, independent thinking, and creating an environment where the best ideas win — naturally lead us to embrace diversity and treasure our differences. Given our mission to have the deepest possible understanding of global economies, we must find, retain, and grow the best talent across gender identity, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gained experiences, and more.
We have a dedicated diversity and inclusion team reporting directly to our Co-CEOs, Nir Bar Dea and Mark Bertolini, several affinity groups to empower our diverse communities, and a senior council charged with continuing to make Bridgewater a vibrant, inclusive community.
A few of our affinity groups include: the Bridgewater Black Network (BBN), the Women's Influence Network (WIN), the Bridgewater Hispanic + Latinx Network (HLN), Asian Affinity Network (AAN) and the Bridgewater LGBTQ + Ally Network (BProud).
Why Choose Bridgewater?
The unifying experience at Bridgewater is meaningful work and meaningful relationships — the unique and lasting personal bonds forged out of a purposeful, rigorous, and inclusive work environment. The culture of our firm emphasizes high standards and continuous learning and improvement.
We develop people through an honest examination of their abilities and performance, enabling personal growth and professional development, centered around a management philosophy described in founder Ray Dalio’s Principles: Life and Work.
Explore our Careers in Technology
Having world-class benefits is one of our top priorities and is born out of our principles — we believe it is critical to take care of the people who have chosen to devote themselves to our common mission. As such, Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including:
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- Concierge medical services, access to second opinion physician consultation, and access to tele-medicine — all provided at no cost to employees
- Competitive 401(k) plan that offers immediate eligibility and vesting, with generous employer match
- Equal fully paid parental bonding/care-giving time for all new parents with additional paid medical recovery time for those who give birth
- Support for family planning, including financial assistance for adoption and egg freezing costs, in addition to generous fertility benefits through the medical plan
- A competitive PTO package, unlimited sick days and remote work flexibility
- Free transportation services between New York City and our Connecticut offices
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals, healthy snacks, and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
If you’re someone who enjoys creating innovative ways to reach ambitious goals, who is open to and energized by receiving honest feedback, and who likes asking “why?” - we encourage you to explore our open opportunities!
Click here for a series of videos and materials to learn more about our culture.
We don’t just look for people who can do a particular job. We look for people we want to share our lives with.