Meta is creating the next evolution of social technology.
🌐 PowerToFly supported Meta with their virtual summit to hear how their Hardware, Gaming, AI, ML, Research and Product leaders are embracing the challenges of building for the metaverse.
🚀 Meta is innovating new products and platforms to advance the future of digital connection. They believe AR and VR will change how we communicate… beyond our wildest imagination!
Meta leaders shared:
- How Meta is building for the metaverse responsibly–with inclusion top of mind
- How they’re moving beyond 2D into immersive experiences
- Ways they are empowering leaders to connect
- Insights into what makes Meta’s culture unique
- Why they joined Meta and what excites them about their work
- 12:30 PM ET/ 9:30 AM PT - The day will kick off with a fireside chat with Felix Navarro, Product Manager, and Vishal Shah, VP, Metaverse, on Vishal's key takeaways from the Connect Keynote and how Meta is building for the metaverse.
- 1:00 PM ET/ 10:00 AM PT - Join one of four breakout sessions with Meta leaders to learn more about what our Reality Labs teams are working on. Each session will be recorded and shared back after the event if you would like to re-watch any sessions you may have missed:
- AI/ML featuring Deepa Diwakar, Engineering Director, Meta, Niti Hantaweepant, Software Engineering Manager, Meta, Parth Vasa, Engineering Director, Meta, & Timon Karnezos, Engineering Director, Meta
- Product featuring Bijal Bhinde, Technical Program Manager, Meta, Katya Kostyukova, Design Manager on Metaverse Avatars, Meta, Ravi Akella, Director, Product Management, Meta, Sagar Ramesh, Product Design Prototyper, Meta, & Tim Nichols, Director, UX Research, Meta
- Gaming featuring Leslee Sullivant, Producer, Meta, Mat Kraemer, Head of Design, Sanzaru, Melissa Brown, Head of Developer Relations, Meta, Ruth Bram, Executive Producer, Meta & Tim Moss, Technical Director, Oculus Studios, Meta
- Hardware featuring Bruno Cendon Martin, Director, Head of Wireless, Meta, Elene Terry, Silicon Accelerators, Meta, Kristen Aceto-Netemeyer, Product Design Engineering Manager, VR Hardware, Meta, & Nada O'Brien, Director, Optics and Engineering, Meta
- 1:50 PM ET/ 10:50 AM PT- Break: Stretching with Meta’s desk yoga expert
- 2:00 PM ET/ 11:00 AM PT - A fireside chat on “VR for Good” led by Paula Cuneo, Director of Social Impact, Horizon & Avatars and Stacey Houston, Product Manager, Metaverse Equity, Meta
- 2:30 PM ET/ 11:30 AM PT - Event concludes
About Meta: Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology.
About PowerToFly: PowerToFly is a women-run platform that works with companies to identify skilled professionals for networking and recruiting opportunities. Over the past few years, we’ve produced 1,000+ events across the world with brands like Facebook, Spotify, Microsoft, and Deloitte, resulting in countless hires.
About PowerToFly’s Events: All RSVP’d attendees are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or age. If you require assistance to fully participate in this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will contact you to discuss your specific needs.→ PowerToFly and Meta cannot admit outside recruiters to this event. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about this policy.