Freddie Mac is changing the housing market in the US, and they want you to join the movement. We hosted a special virtual event with the company’s women tech leaders and allies as they shared how they’re making an impact, personal career advice, and more!
Freddie Mac makes buying or renting a home more accessible and affordable. By purchasing mortgage loans from lenders, they free up capital for future mortgage loans— creating a more liquid, stable, and affordable U.S. housing market.
Their team discussed who they are, what they do, and why you should work for them (if you’re in the market!). While you don’t need to be searching for a job to re-watch this event, Freddie Mac is hiring and they’d love to connect with talented professionals.
- 5:30 PM ET - PowerToFly Kickoff
- 5:35 PM ET - Welcome Address & Tech Talk by Melissa Chiari, Vice President of IT Transformation
- 5:50 PM ET - Panel Discussion & Audience Q&A featuring
- Sandy Sweeney, IT Resiliency Governance Director
- Any Oettinger, ETX User Advocacy
- Erika Thompson, Manager- IT Third Party Risk
- Brandon Rush, VP, Business Technology Officer Capital Markets
- 6:25 PM ET - Closing Remarks
- 6:30 PM ET - Breakout sessions with the Freddie Mac team by area
- Brandon Rush – Business Tech.: Investments & Capital Markets
- Sandy Sweeney – Business Resiliency
- Any Oettinger – ETX
- Erika Thompson – Risk
- Melissa Chiari - IT Transformation & Maclean Area
- 7:00 PM ET - Event ends
Check out what Freddie Mac is doing to help millions of homeowners and renters during the COVID-19 pandemic here. We’re proud to partner with an organization that supports borrowers who are unable to make mortgage payments, especially single-family businesses, due to income changes from the effects of COVID-19.
Even more, Freddie Mac has been awarded several times for its commitment to diversity, innovation, and leadership. Awards include the 2020 Human Rights Campaign “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality”, 2019 Working Mother “Best Companies for Multicultural Women”, and 2019 National Association for Female Executives “Top Company for Executive Women”.
About PowerToFly: PowerToFly is a women-run startup that works with companies to identify skilled professionals they’d like to network with. Over the past two years, we’ve produced over two hundred virtual and in-person events across the world with brands like American Express, Microsoft, Deloitte, and Slack, which have resulted in countless hires. Visit http://powertofly.com to learn more.
About PowerToFly’s Events: All RSVP’d attendees are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or age.