PowerToFly was thrilled to host an exclusive virtual networking event with CNN, the global leader in online news and information. Watch our virtual event to learn how CNN has adapted during COVID-19 including working remotely, how they’re staying in touch with users, their revamped focus on innovation, and more from the world’s most essential and engaging source of news.
United by a mission to inform, engage, and empower the world, CNN reaches more screens than any other news source in the world. Join us for a behind-the-scenes look at the game-changing work going on at CNN Digital from some of the powerhouse technologists who make it happen.
This event will took place online Wednesday, September 16th from 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM ET (2:30 PM - 4:00 PM PT).
- 5:30 PM ET / 2:30 PM PT - PowerToFly Kickoff
- 5:35 PM ET / 2:35 PM PT - Welcome Address from Melissa Koehler, Vice President, Delivery & Strategic Operations
- 5:40 PM ET / 2:40 PM PT - Panel Discussion “Staying Connected During COVID” & Audience Q&A Featuring:
- Nitya Chambers, Vice President, Emerging Product & Platforms
- Laura Cozart, UX Research Manager
- Marlena Cruz, Project Manager
- Emily Jipson, Sr. Director Product Management
- Jess Rubenstein, Sr. Product Designer
- Asha Toulmin, UX Research Manager
- 6:10 PM ET / 3:10 PM ET - Panel Discussion “Inside CNN Digital” & Audience Q&A Featuring:
- Austin Bloom, Technical Manager
- Heather Buchma, Creative Director
- Upasna Gautam, Product Manager
- Galina Sidarenka, Product Manager
- 6:30 PM ET / 3:30 PM PT - Closing Remarks from PowerToFly
- 6:35 PM ET / 3:35 PM PT - Optional Breakout Sessions Begin
- 7:00 PM ET / 4:00 PM PT - Event Concludes
CNN is in the midst of rapid transformation and is looking for innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive their growth with the goal of making the world a better, more connected place. CNN is hiring - they offers extremely competitive benefits including: a 401(k) with matching, a stock purchase plan, child care, domestic partner coverage, fertility assistance, paid training, and remote opportunities.
About PowerToFly’s Events: All RSVP’d attendees are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or age. If you require accommodation to fully participate in this event, please email email@example.com, and we will contact you to discuss your specific needs.
Please note, this event is attended for professionals working as Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers. If you are currently working as a journalist or media professional, this event is not a great fit for you and we recommend you visit CNN's career page. In order to keep the event conversations as on topic as possible, PowerToFly reserves the right to redirect any individual we determine to fall outside of this event's parameters.