Get to know Facebook’s production engineering sector during a private networking event.
You’re invited to take a behind-the-scenes look at how Facebook’s production engineers keep the platform running smoothly and scaling efficiently for more than 2 billion people around the world.
A line-up of technical speakers will collectively share stories on how they’ve curated their career journeys so far, navigated their way through different roles and new areas inside and outside Facebook, upskilled and developed competencies throughout their careers, and positioned themselves to take advantage of opportunities.
The event is reserved for women and allies across a variety of tech backgrounds & industries in EMEA, such as infrastructure production engineering, privacy/security, technical program managers, software engineers, and more.
Open to new opportunities? Facebook is hiring! Registrants will get their foot in the door with Facebook’s talent acquisition team.
- Get an inside perspective on Facebook’s production engineering sector.
- Hear career stories and advice from women leaders.
- Learn about job opportunities that match your skillset.
- Find collective support in a community of women & allies.
Agenda (Subject to Change):
- 4:00 PM BST - Event Kickoff & Welcome Address Featuring:
- Orna Berryman, Director of Technical Program Management, Dev Infrastructure
- 4:10 PM BST - Panel Conversation Introduction
- 4:15 PM BST - Panel Conversation Featuring:
- Nina Barakzai, Director, Office of Data Protection
- Natasha Haveron, Director, EMEA Data Centre Site Operations
- Teodora Olaru, Production Engineering Manager, Infrastructure
- Michal Singer, Group Technical Program Manager
- Hadar Yudovich, Security Engineering Manager, Internal Detection & Response Group
- 4:55 PM BST - Panel Q&A
- 5:25 PM BST - Closing Remarks
- 5:30 PM BST - Optional Networking Breakouts
- Breakout 1 - Security & Privacy: Nina Barakzai, Director, Office of Data Protection
- Breakout 2 - Data Centre: Natasha Haveron, Director, EMEA Data Centre Site Operations
- Breakout 3 - Production: Teodora Olaru, Production Engineering Manager, Infrastructure
- Breakout 4 - TPM: Michal Singer, Group Technical Program Manager
- Breakout 5 - Security & Privacy: Hadar Yudovich, Security Engineering Manager, Internal Detection & Response Group
- Breakout 6 - TPM, Dev Infra: Orna Berryman, Director of Technical Program Management, Dev Infrastructure
- 6:00 PM BST - End
About Facebook: Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Over 2 billion people use Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, or Messenger every month to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them. They’re defined by their unique culture – one that rewards impact. Teams are encouraged to be bold and solve the problems they care most about.
About PowerToFly: PowerToFly is a women-run startup that works with companies to identify skilled professionals they’d like to network with. Over the past few years, we’ve produced 1,000+ events across the world with brands like American Express, Microsoft, Deloitte, and Slack, which have resulted in countless hires.
About PowerToFly’s Events: All RSVP’d attendees are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or age. If you require assistance to fully participate in this event, please email email@example.com, and we will contact you to discuss your specific needs.Unfortunately, PowerToFly and Facebook cannot admit outside recruiters to this event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this policy.