ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Programmer to join our Console team. The ideal candidate will have experience with C++, strong communication skills, working knowledge of gaming consoles, and a desire to learn new systems and skills. Familiarity with profiling tools, as well as scripting/automation is a plus.
- Feature implementation specific to the target platform.
- Effectively maintain live-ops for Free-to-Play games.
- Write robust, maintainable code.
- Ensure the technical quality through tuning and bug fixing.
- Maintain code performance through profiling and optimization.
- Design, develop, and maintain build systems.
- Expertise in C++ and software development.
- Knowledge and experience in developing console games (Sony PlayStation, Microsoft Xbox, and/or Nintendo Switch consoles).
- Knowledge in console requirements, controllers, and optimization.
- Strong communication skills, work ethic and motivation.
- Passion for making and playing great games.
- Experience with game porting.
- Knowledge and experience in scripting/automation.
- Familiarity with profiling tools (PIX, Razer, VTune, Tuner), Perforce, Perl.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can62e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/34