This role is open to San Francisco, CA OR New York, NY.
Gem is building the platform for modern recruiting. Our software empowers recruiters to source and engage with candidates at scale, and gives talent leaders data and insights to operate their teams more efficiently. Our customers are savvy recruiting teams from industry-leading companies — like Twilio, Robinhood, Peloton, and Gusto — who understand that getting the best talent in the market is key to maintaining their competitive advantage.
With $148M in funding led by ICONIQ, Greylock, and Accel at a $1.2B valuation, Gem has become one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies at its scale. In the last year, we tripled ARR, made Y Combinator’s Top Companies list, and were recognized as a great place for career growth and diversity by Comparably.
Gem believes in putting the customer at the center of everything we do. The Customer Success team is the secret sauce to make that a reality. The team’s mission is to build, deepen, and grow relationships with customers to make customers for life. Through this partnership, our team members become our customers’ advocate within Gem. Put another way, The Customer Success team are the connective tissue that aligns the larger Gem team to best serve our customers and drive product adoption, success, and satisfaction.
Do you ever find yourself pulling on threads, just to see where they lead? How about tinkering with the latest gadget, because you’re curious about how it works? What about designing and navigating complex systems, and environments?
Gem’s customers are core to our success. As the founding member of the Solutions Architect Team, you’ll be tasked with helping our customers navigate technically challenging environments, design and craft tailored solutions, and continue to be a valuable partner to EPD (Engineering, Product, and Design) as we continue to develop a world class product.
- Discover and understand customers’ business requirements and technical environment so you can design a tailored solution and implementation plan.
- Define clear goals for all aspects of a project and manage their proper execution
- Be a partner with technical counterparts within our customers’ organizations to ensure that all requirements are met, both on a policy and technical front.
- Work closely with a multitude of internal cross functional partners, including but not limited to EPD, CSMs (Customer Success Managers), TSEs (Technical Support Engineers).
- Design and establish best practices, playbooks, and frameworks for scaling out an effective Solutions Architect team
- Project management and leadership skills are crucial
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred, but not required.
- Experience in software engineering and design architecture
- Knowledgeable and comfort with RESTful APIs and the development lifecycle
- Comfortable in a user facing role, interacting with both customers and our EPD teams to ensure customer needs are met.
- Ability to work in a highly cross-functional environment.
- Experience in the configuration and implementation of SaaS applications in the HR and recruiting space is preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with an HRIS (e.g. Workday, Greenhouse, SmartRecruiters), a strong plus
Gem is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and encourage folks of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. At Gem, we’re committed to having an inclusive and transparent environment where every voice is heard and acknowledged. We embrace our differences, and know that our diverse team is a strength that drives our success.
Gem is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Gem’s Vaccination Policy
Gem requires all employees to be fully vaccinated* for COVID-19 prior to starting work. Gem is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation where it can do so absent undue hardship, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
*Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. For example, this includes two weeks after a second does in a two-does series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, or two weeks after the second does of any combination of two doses of different COVID-19 vaccines as part of one primary vaccination series.
To apply, please submit your resume here.