Spring wants to change the way people shop and the way brands interact with customers. The company was founded in 2013 with the vision to build a digital alternative to traditional brick and mortar retailers: we’re the store that never closes, is available wherever you are in the world, and has impeccable customer service from when you first open the app, to when your purchase arrives at your front door. We’re not constrained by challenges that traditional online retailers face, so we’re delivering a shopping experience that puts our customers first.
Spring is a tech-first company. As such, our engineering organization provides the foundation on which our business is built. It leverages that platform to deliver great products to our suppliers and customers.
We deeply value constant learning and growth throughout our diverse group of engineers. We do this by creating small groups of engineers partnered with product and fully empowered to deliver on company objectives. We aim to pick the best technologies for the job and currently use a combination of Python, Go on the backend, Swift and React on the frontend. Current areas of focus include personalization and machine learning, scalable systems to support our growth, and a core data platform.
What you will do:
- Work on small, project-centric teams to build and ship high quality features
- Actively participate in maintaining and creating a high bar in our engineering practices. Our culture is one of enablement: even junior team members take an active role in these discussions
- Tackle hard problems like monitoring complex infrastructure, building search and recommendations, or working on our inhouse iOS framework
- Take ownership over vertical parts of our products, spanning from the consumer all the way to the backend
- Help make informed educated decisions about using APIs, tools and frameworks
- Have ownership over what you build. Be responsible and accountable for the success of your features
What you need to have:
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience. Bonus points if you have worked on a product that serves more than a million users
- A degree in engineering, CS, Physics, Math - and a strong track record of interesting projects.
- Willingness to mentor, teach and help your fellow engineers. We believe that everyone can teach us something, regardless of seniority
Spring is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.