As a member of the End User Operations organization, the Sr. Operations Analyst will be part of Corporate IT Asset Management Team. This team is responsible for the lifecycle of user assets needed by our 24,000 + global end users. In this role, the Operations Analyst’s primary task will be modeling the Corporate IT Asset Management budget (both hardware and software) for the fiscal year allowing the team to execute effective and efficient procurement and asset services, ensuing Visa’s values and competencies all the while maintaining transparency, integrity, and compliance. The Sr. Operations Analyst derives meaningful operational metrics which align to OLA/SLA's across the function and manages continuous improvements with regards to accurate and appropriate inventory across the enterprise.
Reporting to Visa's Director of IT Asset Management, the primary focus is with forecasting the hardware and software needs of the business on a yearly basis and adjusting quarterly. Therefore, the candidate should have superior analytical, financial modeling and problem-solving skills. The forecasts produced will be used to prepare budget proposal presentations to Senior Leadership and Global Finance. The candidate should understand the basics of hardware and software license procurement, reporting of software license positions to ensure compliance with vendor contracts and the optimization of those assets throughout their lifecycle. Knowledge of various global procurement regulations as well as import and export controls is recommended for this specific role. At times the Sr. Operations Analyst will work closely with the Global Sourcing team across different geographies to facilitate supplier selection and contract negotiations to achieve favorable terms on quality, delivery, and price to ensure end-user needs are met and deliver substantial costs savings on a consistent basis.
Another focus area on this role is analyzing metrics and compiling data to build dashboards and scorecards using Power BI, Tableau, or similar.
As a business office function, this role has significant impact on the day-to-day success of the overall transformational journey of Corporate IT. The Sr. Operations Analyst works with internal customers and peers to ensure data accuracy and lifecycle management of IT hardware and software assets. As needed, they support the delivery of financial and logistical acquisition of IT assets. She/He/They works with peers to derive TCO improvements through operational efficiencies as well as vendor management activities.
Working knowledge of capitalization of assets and amortization, and expense management
Working knowledge of reconciling software licensing and software maintenance terms and conditions between procured rights and quantities to ensure licensing compliancy of deployed software assets
Facilitate the business’ needs for ongoing technical support and upgrade protection on selected products by ensuring that maintenance, support, and upgrade protection renewals are managed/handled/ordered in advance of their expiration.
Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services.
Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in software licensed products, license programs, and software asset policies
Monitor, maintain and enforce licensing and asset standards, policies, and procedures
Ensuring timely delivery of goods, works and services using the team’s procurement procedures.
Controls and Reporting
Generate licensing and asset data reports as required
Drive efficiencies and cost-savings through proper budget forecasting
Conduct analysis of trends and make recommendations
Ensure full compliance of procurement activities, financial rules and regulations, relevant organizational directives, and administrative instructions.
Ensure all activities are compliant with standard reporting requirements and audits.
Ensure effective lines of communication between stakeholders, primarily those whom are within the Corporate IT organization, but also between Finance, Procurement and other cost center owners
Facilitate internal meetings and be able to explain the story behind the numbers
Advise stakeholders on proper consumption of the IT assets within the organization
Maintain and ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures, control of workflows, continuous business processes monitoring and delivery of improvements as it pertains to asset management compliance.
Recommend continuous improvements to team, organization and business partners to drive measurable improved performance
Participate in various Asset Management projects as needed
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD, OR 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of IT Asset Management lifecycle & procurement principles
- Experience with ITAM inventory management systems
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Knowledge of IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools principles
- Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) or Certified IT Asset Manager
- Experienced configuring and managing IT service management tools like Flexera FMS, ServiceNow, Eracent ITMC or SNOW.
- Demonstrates effective use of Microsoft Office Products with advanced skills in Excel
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau, or similar dashboard development tools
- Ability to analyze and organize a plan based upon available information
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels
- Ability to work independently, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to build rigorous, fact-bases that support recommendations to senior management, other executive management
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently
- Ability to influence, without direct authority, so as to achieve necessary goals
- Strong analytical aptitude and demonstrated track record of working with data to develop business-oriented solutions
- Able to structure data into visual interpretation and presentation
- Experience in gathering business requirements and translating business need into successful deliverables
- Experience with process documentation
- Knowledge of Software Licensing Models (Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Adobe, etc.) and stays informed of new and updated software license models and options
- Ability to execute at the detail level while maintaining a strategic alignment with the practice
- Identifying and solving process gaps
- Ability to speak up when something does not make sense and creating a plan to fix, streamline, and automate
- Strong and effective team player with demonstrated ability to communicate in a virtual and Global team environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Builds strong relationships with team members and stakeholders
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail, interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with internal and external parties
- Effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- ITIL certification a plus
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 106,700.00 to 138,600.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.