Enterprise Risk & Finance Technology (ERFT) at Bank of America
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Who We Look For
Bank of America’s associates are innovators and problem-solvers. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change, and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Enterprise Risk Technology team within Risk and Finance Technology consists of extremely talented engineers, who develop industry leading financial management platforms that provide frame solutions to support Enterprise Credit and data required for regulatory reporting.
We are looking for looking for a talented and highly motivated Senior Developer with 8+ years of technology expertise in solution design, coding, test automation and mentoring junior talent.
Enterprise Credit Risk Technology’s ECRT team is looking for a motivated software engineer to join our team to support our existing suite of applications and platforms. Key responsibilities of this role include ensuring that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional and compliance requirements. This role designs and codes solutions, unit tests, and ensures the solution can be integrated successfully into the overall application/system with clear, robust and well-tested interfaces.
As a Software Engineer III in the Enterprise Credit Risk Technology organization, the individual is responsible for designing, building, enhancing, supporting and testing within the Credit Risk Platform. The candidate is proficient in designing and developing utilizing Database technologies. Typically requires 6+ years of applicable experience.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Designs/develops/modifies application interfaces and solution enablers while ensuring principal architecture integrity is maintained.
- Code solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements
- Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas.
- Assists team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work.
- Mentors other Software Engineers and coaches’ team on CI-CD practices and automating tool stack
- Communicates with the Business on Strategy and assist the Business Operations Team
- Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements
- Participates and guides team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle.
Required Skills and Experience we are Looking For:
- 4+ years of Experience in design, development, testing and implementation Data based applications
- 5+ years of experience with SQL database systems and database technologies such as Oracle, MSSQL, Teradata
- 6+ years of Experience in UNIX & Shell Scripting
- 3+ years of Experience utilizing Agile Development Methodology
- Ability to think out of box and provide innovative solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Desired Skills and Experience we are Looking For:
- Experience with Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Jira, Maven
- Experience developing Reports using Tableau or MicroStrategy
- Experience using Hadoop Technologies
- Experience with Java or Python
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities without sacrificing quality or timelines
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse platforms and operating systems, including current and emerging technologies
- Ability to influence and build relationships with Line-Of-Business stakeholders, technology, and architecture teams
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40