Watch our networking event with Xbox Game Studios.
Tune in to meet a diverse gathering of Xbox software engineering and technical program managing experts, including Xbox Game Studios leaders Shannon Loftis, Studio Head for World’s Edge, and Kate Rayner, Head of Engineering for The Coalition, as they share their experience finding their first role in games and eventually landing their jobs on Xbox teams.
In the 2-hour program, Shannon gives a keynote on the state of diversity in the industry, while Kate provides a high-level overview of Xbox technological evolution and what comes next.
Then, during a panel session, representatives from Xbox Game Studios and Xbox services provide their candid career stories.
- 4:00 PM ET / 1:00 PM PT - PowerToFly Kickoff
- 4:05 PM ET / 1:05 PM PT - Eating the Elephant: The State of Diversity in Games – Keynote Address by Shannon Loftis, Vice President, World’s Edge Studio
- 4:30 PM ET / 1:30 PM PT - Xbox Generations and Innovation in Gaming: A Brief Tour – Tech Talk Presented by Kate Rayner, Partner, Technical Director
- 5:10 PM ET / 2:10 PM PT - My Engineering Career: Xbox Stories – Panel Session Moderated by Fiona Cherbak, Talent Acquisition Lead, Featuring:
- 5:55 PM ET / 2:55 PM PT - Closing Remarks from PowerToFly
- 6:00 PM ET / 3:00 PM PT - Event Concludes
About Xbox: At Xbox, our mission is to reach every gamer on the planet to play, watch, communicate, and create together. Our 16 game development studios focus on delivering great games for everyone, wherever they play—on console, PC, or mobile devices. We are responsible for developing and publishing some of the biggest game franchises in history: Age of Empires, Forza, Gears of War, Halo, Minecraft, Microsoft Solitaire, Microsoft Flight Simulator, State of Decay, and many more. In 2018-2019, we added nine new studios to bring a steady stream of new, exclusive games to our fans. We believe that play is the thing that unites everyone. When everyone plays, we all win.
About PowerToFly: PowerToFly is a women-run startup that works with companies to identify skilled professionals they’d like to network with. Over the past few years, we’ve produced 1,000+ events across the world with brands like American Express, Microsoft, Deloitte, and Slack, which have resulted in countless hires.
About PowerToFly’s Events: All RSVP’d attendees are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or age. If you require assistance to fully participate in this event, please email email@example.com, and we will contact you to discuss your specific needs.