If you are located within Central Arkansas, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Like you, UnitedHealth Group is strong on innovation. And like you, we'll go the distance to deliver high-quality care. As a Program Coordinator you will support assigned members travel and clinical needs, to assist in navigating their specialized health benefit. This role is expected to anticipate and help eliminate member hassles, facilitate next best actions, assist with resolution of cost and financial barriers and help ensure access to quality care and providers. This role is responsible for a range of activities associated with clinical travel operations for the Centers of Excellence and Complex Care programs. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have a chance to make an impact.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm CST plus an after hours on-call rotation of 7 consecutive days every 4-5 weeks. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Program Coordinators will be responsible for assigned caseload and act as primary contact for members on assigned caseload
- Use multiple systems to verify eligibility prior to initial member contact and to continue to verify eligibility at all required points of program participation
- Review and process new referrals to COE programs including, but not limited to making initial contact with member within 24 hours of referral; educating member regarding program policies, procedures, and eligibility, prepare and email or mail program enrollment forms within 24 hours of receiving referral
- Conduct proactive research and interview members to identify
- Care givers
- Comprehensive clinical picture, including diagnosis origin, treatment and treating physician’s information.
- Respond to and own member inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility, claims, financial support, correspondence, as a potential barrier to participation in special benefits
- Provide on-going follow up and process updates to the member, carrier care manager and any other invested entities
- Document all patient, carrier, caregiver, vendor, or provider contacts including all relevant information
- Coordinate and manage
- Resolve member service inquires related to:
- Travel related issues
- Eligibility to participate in special benefits
- Correspondence requests
- Educate members about the fundamentals of the benefit. Be the subject matter expect for benefit parameters across multiple employer groups
- Own problems through to resolution on behalf of the member in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member.
- Communicate with members and their care givers regarding anticipated member service needs and resolution of issues
- Identify member issues and escalate to management when unable to resolve
- Employees may be asked to work independently after hours to resolve urgent issues that surface after normal business hours. This role has the ability to work outside of established procedures to ensure high level member satisfaction
- Execute travel reservations including hotels, shuttles, and flights for traveling members and caregivers, and on occasion facilitate relocation for members traveling for long-term treatment.
- Interact with and support members and caregivers in all aspects of travel.
- Address travel related inquiries.
- Review and process travel related expense activities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Document travel activities accurately for reconciliation pertaining to tax allocations.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience working in customer service, travel, healthcare or related field
- Knowledge of MS Office Outlook (create and send emails, calendar management), Excel (create spreadsheets, sort/filter data, build charts/graphs), Adobe (edit and combine PDF documents)
- Ability to work during 8:00am – 5:00pm CST plus an after hours on-call rotation of 7 consecutive days every 4-5 weeks. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in healthcare, psychology, social work or related field
- 5+ years of experience working in customer service, travel, healthcare or related field
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Ability to telecommute or reside within Central Arkansas
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Demonstrate ability to quickly build rapport and respond to members in a compassionate manner
- Demonstrate the ability to listen skillfully
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to negotiate complex health scenarios
- Ability to provide necessary feedback
- Ability to work independently and manage information flow
- Strong computer skills and technical aptitude
- Demonstrate emotional resilience
- Excellent conflict management skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.SM
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company with a mission to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work... Read more