Question by Heidi, Mobile Developer
asked on 2020-10-18

I live overseas in NL and confirmed I cannot be a salaried employee of my US employer unless they establish a business entity in NL and conform to NL employment law, which they are unwilling to do. They’re concerned about changing my contract from salaried to full time freelancer because they don’t want to be liable for not withholding my taxes and they’re worried about misclassification. If they simply create a consulting agreement and pay my NL Corp, they don’t need to withhold any tax for me, right? I don’t want withholding done in both countries 😭. They want proof in writing, from an expert regarding this. Any tips on how to obtain this would be appreciated. I really love this job!