Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Benefits include:
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.Position Overview:
Are you interested in producing innovative research that helps supervise the US housing and mortgage market, using Freddie Mac’s vast data resources and subject matter expertise? We provide outstanding insights of housing and mortgage market activity and are looking for a Mortgage Research Senior to join Freddie Mac's Economic and Housing Research department to support several ongoing research projects and to be responsible for the development and execution of statistical models and applications to help understand the constantly evolving US housing and mortgage market.
**This position is a hybrid work schedule, requiring 2 days in the office and 3 days remote** (This can be edited based on the team’s work arrangement)Our Impact:
The Economic and Housing Research Department at Freddie Mac supports our Chief Economist and senior management by analyzing trends driving the U.S. economy, housing and mortgage market. Our team is responsible for producing innovative research that supports Freddie Mac’s business and our mission. We do this through the publication of research reports, forecasts and housing and mortgage market statistics, including the Primary Mortgage Market Survey which began in 1971 and is the longest running weekly national survey of mortgage rates in the United States. We also serve our internal customers through research and analysis of economic and housing market trends that influence their business processes.Your Impact:
- Developing analytical methods and models to assess the mortgage rate of various types of loans across lenders and geographies.
- Support for maintaining, developing and improving various Economic and Housing Research mortgage data products and reports such as our Primary Mortgage Market Survey
- Support our business areas and the broader mortgage market through the publication of industry-leading reports as well as providing analysis of economic and housing market conditions for internal customers that will drive business activity
- You will also be encouraged to collaborate with internal partners to help them find opportunities for new research projects and implement solutions that use Freddie Mac’s outstanding data and deep mortgage industry subject matter expertise.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with mortgage and housing market data
- Preferred degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Computer Science or a related quantitative field with at least 4 years of related post-graduate work experience
- Strong programming skills 5+ years in SAS, SQL and Unix.
- Experience with programming language 5+ years in Python or R (PySpark is a plus)
- Experience working with large data sets and relational database
- Experience working with mortgage or consumer credit risk models, prepayment models and severity models
- Experience with competing-risk hazard models, transition models, loss forecasting and stress testing
- Experience in data science, machine learning and related technologies
- Steadfast curiosity about the housing and mortgage market
- Strong technical skills on data analytics, statistics, econometrics and data science.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to succinctly describe sophisticated technical scenarios in simple, easily-understood terms.
- 5+ years of data analysis experience, with a combination of business and technical skills – SAS, SQL, Python, R, Tableau or MicroStrategy. (Knowledge of Alteryx, Python and Machine Learning a plus)
- Ability and willingness to tackle sophisticated projects and find practical solutions
- Flexible and adaptable, capable of working effectively in a fluid and evolving business and regulatory environment
- Ability to self-teach new technical skills on need-to-know basis
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships inside and outside of the department
- Flexible and adaptable, capable of multi-tasking effectively in a highly efficient environment
- Curiosity not just about data, but also about the business
- Ability to collaborate with people from a diverse set of backgrounds
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.Time-type:Full timeJob Category:Research & ModelingFLSA Status:Exempt