Elastic is the company behind the Elastic Stack - Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, Elastic helps people explore and analyze their data differently using the power of search. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Elastic offers their employees benefits like:
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic has seen significant growth in its work within the Public Sector over the last few years. This role will focus on delivery but also to lead the stakeholder relationships at the highest levels of Government and to work with them to help align Elastic to their strategic objectives.
You will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous services, engineering and sales team and wear many hats. This is a critical role, as Consultants have an amazing chance to make an immediate impact on the success of Elastic and our customers.
Given the opportunity and the organisations that you will be working with, you must be a current holder of Security clearance.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Strong customer advocacy, relationship building, and communications skills
- The ability to easily pivot from delivery to strategic engagements with customers
- To work with the wider Elastic organisation to support the customer’s goals, their strategic requirements and their journey with Elastic.
- Ownership of the strategic roadmap with the customer including quarterly strategic sessions with senior and key stakeholders either in one or a number of customers with common goals.
- Solution design, development, and integration of Elastic products and APIs, platform architecture, and capacity planning in mission-critical environments
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
- Development of demos and proof-of-concepts that highlight the value of the Elastic Stack
- Data modelling, query development and optimisation, cluster tuning and scaling with a focus on fast search and analytics at scale
- Solving our customers’ most challenging data problems
- Working closely with the Elastic engineering, product management, and support teams to identify feature enhancements, extensions.
- Engaging with the Elastic Sales team to scope opportunities while assessing technical risks, questions, or concerns
What You Bring Along:
- Hands-on experience and an understanding of Elasticsearch and/or Lucene
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Software Engineer, System Administrator, or DevOps Engineer
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working as a Consultant, working to deliver and execute on professional services engagements
- Currently holding UK security clearance and/or willingness to undergo screening
- Experience as a technical instructor or public speaker to large audiences on enterprise infrastructure software technology to engineers, developers, and other technical positions
- Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritise, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to our technologies
- Understanding and passion for open-source technology and knowledge and proficient in at least one programming language
- Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from an architecture and development perspective
- Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
- The nature of the work that you will be doing will require a high percentage of work onsite with customers, and you should be expected to travel as a result of this requirement
- Understanding of Linux, Java and databases
- Deep understanding of Elasticsearch and Lucene, including Elastic Certified Engineer certification
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Strong knowledge of Java and Linux/Unix environment, software development, and/or experience with distributed systems
- Experience and interest in delivering and/or developing product training
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision Poster; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster and Know Your Rights (Poster)
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.