Elastic is the company behind the Elastic Stack - Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, Elastic helps people explore and analyze their data differently using the power of search. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Elastic offers their employees benefits like:
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
Elastic is searching for a Senior Account Executive to help grow our NSW Sector business. With the explosion of data and increased investment in Security, Elastics' proven enterprise search, observability, and security offerings help customers reimagine digital government, optimize IT infrastructure, and prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats.
As a Senior Account Executive you will be responsible for generating new business in existing accounts and acquiring new customers. You will work closely with your customers as a trusted advisor to deeply understand their unique challenges and goals, consulting with your customers to evangelize Elastics solutions which will help your customer meet their goals.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Building awareness and strong points of views of how we solve business challenges related to search and security
- Building a robust business plan for your territory/ assigned accounts, which leverages partners
- Building executive relationships, establishing meetings with a broader array of executives, proactively selling to multiple levels of the organization
- Collaborating across Elastic business functions to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Working thoughtfully with customers and partners to identify new business opportunities, managing through the sales cycle and closing complex transactions
What You Bring With You:
- A track-record of success in selling, demonstrated by overachievement of quota and strong customer references
- Experience working with large, complex, high visibility, strategic or tactically important accounts
- An understanding and preferably experience selling search, data and security products
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to story tell
- The ability to build relationships and credibility with C-Suite Executives
- Experience in leading teams through sales cycles and the ability to craft a clean and articulated vision for the sales pursuit
- Consultative selling experience
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Prospecting skills
- Competitive spirit
- Ability to collaborate
- Open to feedback
- Ability to articulate a point of view
- Strong communication skills
- Strong discovery skills
- Objection handling skills
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.