$40,000 Student Loan Repayment or $30,000 Sign-on Bonus for individuals who have not previously participated in this program.
Flexible provider schedules available between 20-40 hours per week!
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
HouseCalls Nurse Practitioners conduct in-home health assessments on enrolled Medicare Advantage members. A HouseCalls Nurse Practitioner will complete visits on members within a geographic area of responsibility. The nature of the HouseCalls visit can vary and could include performing an annual health assessment, a post discharge visit, or visiting more complex members more than once per year. Positions are available for full time (35 hours and above), part time and per diem.
- Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members. Average visit is 45-60 minutes in length. Assessment is performed and completed electronically. HouseCalls Assessment includes:
- Past medical history
- Review of systems
- Medication review
- Evidence-based practice screenings
- Checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that includes point of care testing (as appropriate)
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform member’s PCP of potential gaps in care
- Identify needs and opportunities to generate clinical referrals appropriately
- Identify urgent and emergent situations and intervene appropriately
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active NP or PA license or ability to obtain by start date. Licensure must be unencumbered, free of any open/unresolved disciplinary actions including probation or restrictions against privilege to practice.
- Active national NP or PA certification or the ability to obtain national certification in state of assignment by start date
(For NPs - Active ANCC or AANP national certification in Family, Geriatrics, Adult, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care, or Adult-Gerontology Acute Care certification OR for PAs - Physician Assistant national certification through NCCPA)
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- 1+ years of clinical experience in their highest level of education, clinical setting
- Experience in gerontology, cardiology, internal medicine, or endocrinology
- Home Health care or home visit experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and verbal skills
- Professional image and behavior
- Solid communication skills with the geriatric or Medicare population
- Proficient with electronic medical records, the internet and access to a personal computer
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Dependable and reliable
- Ability to lift 30-pound bag in and out of car and up and down steps, as needed
- Ability to obtain reliable transportation in order to complete home visit assessments
- Ability to travel up to 5% within licensed states if requested (with notice, based on business needs)
- Ability to navigate public transportation, if required
- Ability to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Ability to sit, stand and kneel, as needed, to perform physical assessment
New York Residents Only: The salary range for New York residents is $85,000 to $167,300 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** Employees must be in an active regular status. Employees must remain in role for a minimum of 12 months from the date of hire /rehire/transfer. If an employee leaves Home and Community, the student loan repayments will cease. The employee must remain in an Advanced Practice Clinician or Physician role within Home and Community for 36 months to receive the full benefit of the student loan repayments.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.