Light & Wonder is looking for an experienced game artist who enjoys creating expressive characters, building rich worlds, and telling evocative and emotive stories. Your companions on this journey are a group of intrepid and experienced slot game designers and developers who have been responsible for some of the most daring, original, and successful slot gaming products developed in the last decade. Are you eternally curious? Are you an explorer? Are you someone who wants other people to feel your art and not just see your art? If the answer to all these questions is yes, then your place should be with us.
- Develop character and prop animations using traditional, 3D, and motion design techniques for Electronic Gaming Machine products.
- Where necessary, assist in supervising animation work within the team to ensure the artistic integrity and quality of assets.
- Assist the Art Team Leader in providing mentorship and training in new tools and techniques to the team.
- In accordance with creative briefs, develop initial animation concepts and continue these through to final designs.
- Contributes to a range of deliverables within the EGM studio team.
- Liaise with software engineers and game designers.
- Tertiary qualifications in appropriate art-related fields are preferred, but not essential.
- 5+ yrs. experience working in an animation capacity, preferably within a game development studio
- Extensive training/experience in the use of digital art and animation software, including After Effects, Blender, Maya, or similar.
- Necessary knowledge includes all tasks related to both traditional and 3D animation, including character animation, modeling, rigging, lighting, and texturing, as well as particle systems and motion graphics development.
- Employment will also require sound traditional art skills.
Skills and Abilities:
- A critical eye for detail and the ability to follow/maintain stringent guidelines.
- Experience working in a fast-paced production environment.
- Gaming industry/related experience preferred.
Light & Wonder and its affiliates (collectively, “L&W”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain L&W employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation, or contracts. In order to ensure L&W complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, L&W requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with L&W (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to L&W conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are the cornerstone of everything we do at PowerToFly. Together, we build a culture of belonging that guides our mission, values, services, products, employees, clients, and community. This active and intentional foundation fuels our innovation and impact to advance economic equality in underrepresented communities. We are a global team committed to mitigating bias and lifting barriers in our recruitment and hiring processes.
PowerToFly is an equal opportunity employer and ensures individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other qualities protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.