Country:United States of America
Location:HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
A Process Technician II performs a variety of functions which are directly related to the chemical processing of aircraft parts and components. This typically involves a combination of the following duties such as Aqueous Cleaning, Chemical Etching, Chromate Conversion Coating, Anodizing (sulfuric, non-chromic, hard coat, red & black-dye & Phosphoric Acid), Passivation, Abrasive Blasting, Heat Treatment of Aluminum and Laboratory Analysis. This also includes various types of one of the following; Non-Destructive Testing such as Hardness Testing, Eddy Current Testing, Liquid Dye Penetrant and Magnetic Particle Inspection, full Laboratory Duties and/or PAA Operator Certification.
- Responsible for the chemical processing of detailed parts and final assemblies to current spec requirements.
- Be well informed about the disposal of Hazardous Waste.
- Be aware and informed of the Chemicals you work with throughout the day.
- Be knowledgeable of all pertinent customer/company specifications and international standards relating to standards, finishes, special processes, policies, processing, etc.
- Capable of processing acceptable parts and passing all required evaluations for some of the required processes.
- Proper documentation of the process of parts to meet customer requirements.
- Capable and willing to train other departmental employee as the need arises.
- Demonstrate a continued interest in good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Demonstrate ability to work under a minimal amount of direction for the area supervisor/team coordinator.
- Be proficient in handling all of the equipment that is applicable to completing the required job.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively cooperate and communicate with co-workers and personnel in other departments.
- Capable of interpreting and understanding part drawings and illustrated planning.
- Must be able to following work instructions to ensure the proper processing of parts.
- Must be able properly wear and use Personal Protective Equipment relating to the job performed.
- Typically requires HS diploma with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma or GED, 3 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms