EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.Job Purpose
The Supplier Quality Engineer will work in a team environment with suppliers to develop and implement best practices that emphasize defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste, and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements. The position will collect root cause analysis and provide corrective feedback to prevent line stops due to supply issues and manage product specific requirements and offer technical support to suppliers. The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimize quality costs and maximize customer satisfaction while ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to. The position will maintain the robustness of product builds following new product introduction to ensure continuity and improvement in supplier capability and work on multiple phases or sub-tasks of projects or entire projects of high complexity, with results impacting on project completion.
(i) Leading/conducting supplier and product approval (This requires knowledge and experience of advanced product quality planning).
a. Working with Engineering (Design & Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
b. Lead the supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health, Safety, and Environmental risks
c. Supporting new product launches to ensure that supplier quality meets the required standards
(ii) Leading/participating in problem analysis and resolution (Requires understanding and application of problem-solving techniques, such as 8D, A3, etc.);
a. Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier quality issues
b. Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of correction actions of supplier quality issues
(iii) Leading the risk assessment and process capabilities for purchased items (Knowledge of statistical Process Control (SPC), Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA) application, Gauge R&R, and Lean-Six Sigma).
a. Reviewing supplier manufacturing processes, collaborating with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities
b. Promoting the use of preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
(iv) Executing product qualification and validation for purchased items (Experience developing control plans and executing PPAPs).
a. Providing concise, complete, and accurate documentation of inspection results relative to area of responsibility. In appropriate functional areas, this refers to supporting inspection and test status requirements defined by regulations, engineering product specifications or Control Plans, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) approval or product warrant submission
(v) Establishing regular supplier performance monitoring (Experience implementing supplier performance metrics and using data analytics tools).
a. Reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process, or system
b. Managing and coordinating suppliers Parts Per Million (PPM), supplier problem solving on time, cost recovery, and supplier warranty indicators
(vi) Conducting supplier evaluation and audit (Serving as a Lead or Internal Auditor is preferred. Experience on conducing on site audits).
a. Leading quality audits
b. Supporting and leading process improvement activities at the supplier
c. Achieving goals within budget
(vii) Utilizing project management techniques (Learning and applying time management and prioritizing).Qualifications
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent degree) in related engineering field; particularly Electronic, Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering.
• Highly proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point)
Skills & Attributes
• Demonstrated ability to build and leverage partnerships
• Knowledge of quality and business systems
• Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
• Knowledge of Quality Management Systems such as IATF 16949/ISO 9001/TL9000
• Knowledge of measurement techniques metrology, Inspection Methods, and Equipment
• Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
Qualification & Experience
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in an electronic components manufacturing environment. Experience in Lithium technology is a plus.
• Experience in semiconductor, Printed Circuit Board, and electrical and electro-mechanical assembly manufacturing processes
• 3 plus years’ experience in direct supplier relationship management or industrial engineering with supplier interaction required, experience in supplier quality or manufacturing quality role.
• Must also be a trained ISO9001 or IATF16949 auditor or able to achieve full certification.
• Knowledge of industry standards including certifications in IPC 610.
• Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%.
Enersys is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability status.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are the cornerstone of everything we do at PowerToFly. Together, we build a culture of belonging that guides our mission, values, services, products, employees, clients, and community. This active and intentional foundation fuels our innovation and impact to advance economic equality in underrepresented communities. We are a global team committed to mitigating bias and lifting barriers in our recruitment and hiring processes.
PowerToFly is an equal opportunity employer and ensures individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other qualities protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.