Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Benefits include:
DS - Model Audit, Quantitative Analytics Director (Hybrid - 3 Days in Office)
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Employees, contingent workers and visitors are no longer required to show proof of vaccination to be on-site. Effective January 2023, Freddie Mac’s hybrid work arrangement is 3 days in the office (specifically Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday).
The Model Audit team in Internal Audit is seeking a Director of Model Audit! The position is responsible for supporting the Internal Audit Division to determine whether the organization's model risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and implemented by management, are adequate and functioning effectively.
- Propose the team’s annual audit plan
- Identify audit strategies and recommend potential changes to the audit plan based on emerging model risks
- Plan and implement a risk-based approach to evaluate the design and operating efficiency of the company’s model risk management, controls, and model governance programs
- Evaluate risks associated with the company's models including models of default, prepayment, valuation, derivatives, interest rates and use of modern machine learning
- Evaluate the quality of management’s model development testing, implementation, validation and ongoing monitoring of model performance
- Evaluate the design and operating efficiency of model policies, standards, and model development procedures
- Evaluate roles and responsibilities of the first and second lines of defense on model risk management
- Lead and develop a team of quants, economists, data scientists, data analysts and external consultants to execute audit programs and to document work papers and reports consistent with industry and audit standards
- 12+ years related experience in model auditing, model validation or model development and 4+ years management experience
- Master’s degree, PhD or foreign equivalent in statistics, data science, economics, finance, physics, computer science or related quantitative subject areas
- Possesses knowledge of applied computer programming, preferably R, Python, SAS, MATLAB
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Able to influence senior management and be recognized as a thought leader
- Able to lead and oversee small or large teams, mainly within one business area or subject matter
- Capable of representing Internal Audit both internally and within business clients
- Adopts the direction set for the division and implements change within the team
- Provides direction and oversight on team projects
- Translates technical model issues to a non-technical audience and always keeps business impact in mind
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Time-type: Full time
Job Category: Research & Modeling
FLSA Status: Exempt