Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Benefits include:
Senior Manager, Internal Audit (Hybrid - 3 Days in Office - VA, TX, IL, NY)
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
We are seeking a Capital Markets Internal Audit Senior Manager to join our team! Auditors within our Capital Markets and Finance (CMF) team perform audits on a variety of areas including securities trading desks, treasury and debt functions, middle and back office functions, market risk management, liquidity risk management, and end-to-end securitization processes.
Staff members on the Internal Audit team are highly-skilled audit and risk management professionals with a proven ability to provide valuable audit and advisory services to Freddie Mac. The team plays a meaningful role in shaping Freddie Mac’s approach to managing credit, market, liquidity, operational, and strategic risks by providing independent, objective, and valuable assurance of risk management, governance, and controls.
- Own and understand end-to-end business processes for an audit, independently assess the risks and design audit plan.
- Perform detailed first level of review of all audit workpapers, planning and fieldwork, and prepare for second level of director review. Provide timely project evaluation to staff.
- Supervise audit projects day-to-day audit activities, understand and interact with the business, coordinate with other audit teams, and be accountable for timely completion of project results and milestones.
- Draft audit report and auditing findings, and vet the issues with issue owner. Effectively communicate testing results to stakeholders and explain exceptions.
- Add value to business management on current or emerging risk, control, and governance matters.
- Monitor management's remediation of identified issues and test the effectiveness of the remediation.
- Assist in design portfolio coverage approach, perform quarter business monitoring activities, including analyzing business trend, regulatory changes, process change, and market events.
- Conduct internal training sessions to share knowledge and standard methodologies.
- Minimum of 10 years of proven experience, including previous experience in external auditing, finance and capital markets, internal audit or other experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- Strong understanding in fixed income products, market risk management, liquidity risk management, securitization, stress testing, or capital management.
- Experience with auditing (Big 4 or internal audit) required
- Previous project management experience required.
- Capital Markets, securitization, stress testing, or capital management experience and working knowledge required
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment as well as individually
- Works creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication and social skills
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or other relevant certifications (or commitment to become certified within a year) required
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Deep curiosity to learn about the business, new trends and how to do things better
- Effectively work with and collaborate across the teams
- Strong consultation and communication skills
- Build relationships with customers and partners to encourage trust
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.Time-type: Full time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Freddie Mac offers a comprehensive total rewards package to include competitive compensation and market-leading benefit programs. Information on these benefit programs is available on our Careers site.
This position has an annualized market-based salary range of $170,000 - $204,000 and is eligible to participate in the annual incentive program. The final salary offered will generally fall within this range and is dependent on various factors including but not limited to the responsibilities of the position, experience, skill set, internal pay equity and other relevant qualifications of the applicant.