Cloud Development Architect Manager
Do you want to be at the forefront of Deloitte’s growing Cloud practice? We’re looking for exceptional leaders to help address our clients’ most complex Cloud challenges. You will work alongside top engineers and technical thought leaders to solve difficult problems in innovative ways, supporting our country’s most vital missions.
Work you’ll do:
Work with clients to understand and solve their most pressing business and technical challenges while leading a diverse talent group in support of Federal and State Government agencies. Develop trusted advisor relationships with clients’ technology leaders and help guide clients’ Cloud vision. Create new opportunities to showcase Cloud technologies and capabilities for our clients. Help lead our Cloud practice, develop our future Cloud leaders, and expand the Deloitte Cloud brand throughout the public sector marketplace.
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our clients’ end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients by improving agility and resilience, while identifying opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation. We advance our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators, to achieve their vision.
- Strong understanding of cloud native, even-driven design patterns
- Experience with AWS services, e.g. CloudFormation, Lambda, EC2, VPC, S3, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, ECS, EKS, Route53, ELB/ALB
- Experience with application containerization (Docker and Kubernetes) as well as container orchestration platforms, such as OpenShift, Tanzu, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of industry standards such as OpenAPI, REST, OpenID, oAuth2.0
- Experience with MVC frameworks (e.g. Spring), ORM tools (e.g. Hibernate), and relational / NoSQL database systems
- Strong familiarity with DevSecOps principles, CI/CD pipeline implementations, and related tools
- Familiarity with computer infrastructure, such as networking, firewalls, load balancers, and auto-scaling
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Desired Skills/Certifications:
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- Bachelor's degree, preferably Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
- 10+ years developing and maintaining large scale applications (5+ years on AWS platform) including architecting, designing, coding, deployment, operations, and maintenance.
- Technical Manager/Architect experience leading medium to large size teams and designing and architecting large scale applications in AWS
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required Security Clearance
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.