Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Benefits include:
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.Position Overview:
Are you looking to be part of a technology team beyond the ordinary? A place full of exciting challenges and the engineers up to solving them? Then welcome to Financial Engineering!
This is the place where the models become software, where many of the numbers that drive our business decisions are produced. Our systems are used for interest rate and credit risk management, investment analysis and trading, security issuance, automated loan underwriting, distressed loan decisions, economic and regulatory capital, property valuation, financial reporting, economic and GAAP forecasting, and more! If you have finance and/or technology background, experience with critical applications, and thrive on ensuring operational excellence, apply for a Financial Modeling developer position in Model Applications Development team.Our Impact:
Model Application Development team is responsible for converting models to application software. We evaluate millions of loans per day using latest ML algorithms such as Deep Neural Networks, XG boost and Logistic regression. We turn ML algorithms to APIs using web services. We are responsible for implementing underwriting, servicing and loss mitigation models.Your Impact:
- Automating and deploying Financial Models developed using ML algorithms.
- Maintaining underwriting models, credit data processing.
- Deploying model configuration with market and economic data for loss mitigation models.
- Providing APIs to Financial Models to integrate with IT applications.
- Performance tuning and stress testing Models.
- Participating in model tie outs. Identifying and resolving any issues in reconciling with model results.
- Fixing software security vulnerabilities identified in SAST and FOSS scanning.
- Code review and guiding junior level developers.
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, Master's degree preferred
- Back End Skills: Java - Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc., Relational Database
- Automation Testing: Junit, Automated Performance and Regression/Functional Testing
- Devops Tools: git, gradle, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, OCP, CI/CD pipeline.
- Programming Languages: Familiarity with Python is preferred.
- Experience in Financial industry with Modeling and Simulations is preferred
- You must be model thinker and willing to learn Financial Models. Should be passionate about finding facts through data analysis.
- Communication and social skills working in a collaborative team and interacting with business customers
- Bringing an analytical and imaginative attitude to work every day
- Steadfast attention to business and technical details
- Passion to ensure customer happiness and improve processes
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Time-type: Full time
Job Category: Research & Modeling
FLSA Status: Exempt