Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Benefits include:
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.
The Quantitative Analytics Senior will perform all tasks related to model validation to evaluate and manage model risks associated with models in the investment and capital markets area. The objective of the role is to create and execute a complete model validation within the Enterprise Model Risk group with the purpose of enhancing a consistent model review process. Apply now and learn why there’s #MoreAtFreddieMac!
The team is primarily responsible for validation of market risk models.
- Conduct technical validation of Freddie models, including writing a detailed independent model validation report
- Follow model governance procedures and requirements
- Remediate regulatory findings and address audit feedback
- Work collaboratively with partners to ensure effective management of model risk enterprise wide
- Work collaboratively with model Validators to ensure timely delivery of model review projects
- Doctorate degree (or Master's degree with equivalent work experience) in quantitative finance, statistics or a related quantitative field.
- Coursework or work experience applying predictive modeling techniques from finance, statistics, mathematics, data science, and computer programming to large data sets. Qualifying coursework may include—but is not limited to—statistics, mathematical programming, optimization, machine learning, computational methods, design and analysis of algorithms, Bayesian methods, derivatives, and Monte Carlo methods/modeling.
- Coursework or work experience writing statistical and/or optimization programs to develop models and algorithms. Programming languages may include—but are not limited to—Python, R, SQL, Java, SAS, and MATLAB.
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Outstanding quantitative, empirical analysis, and research skills
- Strong knowledge of econometric models, tools and techniques
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships inside and outside of the department
- Deep curiosity to learn about new things with critical thinking, ability to think creatively and connect dots
- Flexible and adaptable, capable of multi-tasking effectively in a highly efficient environment
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Research & Modeling